Which FA CB will we go after? (1 Viewer)

If I'm not mistaken, Quentin Jammer has been kind of a bust since coming into the league out of Texas. I think he's still pretty good... Better than Thomas and Craft, but he's not better than MM.

While I appreciate the attitude, how can you justify what you say? He's simulataneouly a bust and better than what we have at #2 and #3? While Jammer hasn't been a perennial pro bowler, he's been a starting cb in the NFL, on one of the league's best defenses, for years. How is that a bust?

While I appreciate the attitude, how can you justify what you say? He's simulataneouly a bust and better than what we have at #2 and #3? While Jammer hasn't been a perennial pro bowler, he's been a starting cb in the NFL, on one of the league's best defenses, for years. How is that a bust?

The attitude was intended to be in a joking manner... my bad.

What I meant by Jammer being a "bust" is that this kid was a top ten pick coming out of Texas and was supposed to be the next (insert name of great CB here). Instead, he's been a nothing more than a "starter" for SD. Fred Thomas has been a "starter" for years, but you can't call him a bust because nobody even expected him to stick in the league this long... let alone BE a starter.

Are you following me here? Do you see what I'm getting at? In terms of his perceived potential coming into the NFL, Quentin Jammer is a bust. Compared to a couple of guys that beat the odds and made a career out of playing in the NFL, and getting by... ie. Fred Thomas and Jason Craft, Jammer is better.

I would do cartwheels naked in the middle of the street if we signed Clements. That kid can ball, alot like a D'lo Hall

I thought Fred Thomas was a 2nd round pick?

He was a 2nd round pick of the Seahawks back in the '96 draft out of Tennessee-Martin. He then spent most of his time there being banged up with various injuries, and never cracked the starting line-up for the 'hawks... He was then cut in 1999 and again in 2000 before signing a 2 year deal with the Saints.

So, yes, he was a 2nd round pick that never did anything, and found himself at the end of the Turk's axe after only 2-3 seasons, before the Saints gave him a second chance.

That's a looooooooong way from being the #1 CB selected and a top 10 pick... and that's my point.

...about Jammer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom