Which FA CB will we go after? (1 Viewer)

Pookie

WHAT
Reaction score
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Clements should be the top target of teams looking for help in the secondary. He’s young, highly regarded, and very talented. Buffalo would like nothing more than to have him signed to an extension as quickly as possible, but his talent—he does have two Pro Bowl selections—may lead him to test the market. Without an extension, the Bills must decide if they are willing to franchise tag Clements once again to guarantee his presence on the gridiron for one more season. Since Clements has not been adversely affected by NFL officiating changes, most NFL teams will pursue the cornerback if he hits the market.

Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots
Samuel has shown growth over the course of his three-plus years of experience, and at only 25 years of age, he’ll be a hot commodity. If the Patriots don’t sign him to an extension, suitors will be lining up to try and acquire the talented cornerback. His coverage skills have developed and some are even talking about a possible Pro Bowl invite. This season is quickly becoming a breakout year, and it could lead to a nice payday for Samuel, which doesn’t bode well for the Patriots; but, expect the Patriots to try hard to lock up the UCF product with an extension.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsDB.html

i heard that clements is having an awful year....but any of these 2 will be fine....

even adding a CB in FA...we need to draft a corner for the future.

I've been wanting Clements for few years now. If Payton can pull it off I think it'll be one of the biggest signings in team history.

Add Both N Move Mckenzie To Strong, And Harper At The Free

I Do Think Samuel Is Not As Good As Nate, And Is Just On A Good Team And In A Good Sysytem, He Is Good But I Just Dont Kno If He Would Be The Answer For Us, But It Is An Upgrade Over Craft

Either Clements or Samuel would upgrade our team. Both are young, talented. Clements is more of a run supporter than Samuel. Samuel will definitly cost less than Clements though.

Either would be great.

i heard that clements is having an awful year....but any of these 2 will be fine....

even adding a CB in FA...we need to draft a corner for the future.

Clements is having a good year. He got badly burned against the Bears but has played well apart from that. Clements should be the #1 priority in free agency. A corner in round 2 would be great if one falls. I'd like Fred Bennett but he probably won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round. It depends on BPA and where we pick. Even if we'd signed Clements if we pick in the late 20s and players such as Poslusnzy, Blalock, Willis and someone like Marcus McCauley was on the board you'd have to take him

Add Both N Move Mckenzie To Strong, And Harper At The Free

That would be cool but I'm pretty sure Mckenzie would not make the move. Safeties don't get near as much money as CB's. And before you call him selfish, I can't think of one CB in the league that would make the move.

Freddy and MM are fine. Our secondary is fine, at least as far as the starting four - Harper, Bullocks, Freddy, MM. I'm not a big MM fan either, but he's a solid #2 CB.

Craft definitely needs to go.

I wouldn't mind picking up Clements if he doesn't ask for the moon and the stars. The Bills have a -6 DVOA against the other teams' top wide receivers (source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef.php ), which is good for about 11th in the league. And they have a pretty poor pass rush. Clements and Freddy as 1/2 and MM as the nickel would be one of the better secondaries in the league.

Our biggest pickup in the secondary next year will be the return of Roman Harper. He is sorely missed already.

Freddy and MM are fine. Our secondary is fine, at least as far as the starting four - Harper, Bullocks, Freddy, MM. I'm not a big MM fan either, but he's a solid #2 CB.

Craft definitely needs to go.

I wouldn't mind picking up Clements if he doesn't ask for the moon and the stars. The Bills have a -6 DVOA against the other teams' top wide receivers (source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef.php ), which is good for about 11th in the league. And they have a pretty poor pass rush. Clements and Freddy as 1/2 and MM as the nickel would be one of the better secondaries in the league.

Our biggest pickup in the secondary next year will be the return of Roman Harper. He is sorely missed already.

Nooooo....you move Freddy to the Nickel not MM. Fred is great in the nickel. MM is the superior corner by far of the 2. Moving him to #2 and letting Clement be our "shutdown" guy would set our secondary up for years. (we draft to replace fred who is getting old).

MM is quietly playing great this year shutting down his side of the field (he gives up about 2 passes to his side of the field a game, the other side whether its fred or craft has got to be fixed). I'm excited to see him with a better corner on the other side of him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom