Which FA would you be most happy with? (1 Viewer)

Which FA would you sign?

• Lance Briggs

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Corey Williams

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • Asante Samuel

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Marcus Trufant

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Namdi Asomuagh

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know Briggs is the "popular" choice, but I'm gonna go with Gibril Wilson or Erik Coleman.

I chose Corey Williams because the D-line is what makes the secondary look good. Opposing QBs had enough time to have a picnic before throwing to the WRs last year. BAD pass rush. That makes ANY DB look bad. (not that we have a great one)

Reasoning: We need Defense! I think he will come cheaper than the top corners. LBs seem to be able to make the smoothest transition to other systems. I think he would come in start at either MLB or WLB and have 150 tackles in this defense. The draft seems to have alot more suitable corners than it does LBs.>>>

I would respectfully disagree with this. I believe that the draft is stronger with linebackers who can come in an contribute right away as rookies. Rookie CBs, even the great ones need a season or two to develop in the NFL, with a few exceptions. I would prefer a veteran CB, and draft LB high.

first off i'd like to say that I picked Corey Williams....secondly I would like to argue with this "development" stuff that I keep hearing about rookie players....I keep hearing it as a reason NOT to draft a specific position (mainly corners) if we are not willing to accept the mental lapses any rookie make regardless of position how do you expect to get better? and the great ones dont start out great, they 'develop" into the player they will eventually be, you dont draft a player and sit him "waiting" on him to develop, you put him out on the field and let him develp, if he has to sit to develop then he wasnt a good pick obviously, its a big jump from college to the pro's...but its still football, its still the same position the guy's been playing since highschool, so that development stuff is to me just an excuse on this board to justify drafting the player or position you (the individual poster) wants,but if you see, you cant name one position that that only a rookie would get picked on at that a veteran still wont fall victim to, everybody gets targeted, everybody will get exposed at some point a veteran only means he has been around long enough to of seen, it doesnt mean you cant fool him, or he wont become succeptable to an occasion break down or laspe in judgement.

......again my pick was Corey Williams, and I picked that position because I think our first round pick should be corner and our second round pick should be linebacker and they both should start for us next year, or third round pick should be at DT and I trust that additional help in the secondary will come in Free Agency (dont know who we are targeting) but I wouldnt be mad at any player on that list to come in here and help, but I wouldnt shy away from any rookie either simply because he hasnt played in the NFL yet, every team but the Saint seem to get the most out of there rookies, the only one's we play our, our first rounders, every other round we scared to play, probably because we just picked them cause it was our turn to pick (pre Payton era) but you best believe these rookie in this 08 Draft will contrubute, just like the 06.

Corey Williams would have the largest impact towards turning our Defense around. Highly overpaid corners are nice, but meaningless without a pass rush.

Trufant...........we should've drafted him ANYWAYS.
Instead, we ruined that with Sully.

Trufant...........we should've drafted him ANYWAYS.
Instead, we ruined that with Sully.

Theres a serious chance that Trufant would of been a bust had we drafted him and he had to play behind our front 7. You think our front 7 is bad now, just jog your memory back to 2003-2005.

Theres a serious chance that Trufant would of been a bust

instead, sully was.........lol............Trufant was on my radar....Sully NEVER was.
Plus we waisted 2 1st rounders to get him......ugg.
Ahhhh Haz picked a gem there.

Corey Williams, that way the pressure to go trade up and get Dorsey or Ellis isn't as great and the Saints have more flexibility at #10.

I'd sign Rod Coleman as well to be a wave player with Brian Young.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom