Which Free Agent LB should We Target? (1 Viewer)

Suggs was hurt most of the year right, and when he first returned he wasn't full go? From what I saw Kruger was a beast. Not sure if we can afford him though.

He had 1.5 sacks in the 6 weeks Suggs was out, 7.5 in the final 8 weeks Suggs was in. I'd rather someone that's less a risk if we're going to be dolling out that kind of cash.

Big name LBs? Lofton is the biggest name, and I don't consider him that big of a name. It will depend on who we are keeping of course, but let's go get who we need to make this work.

We need to not just have LBs; we need great LB's.
Lofton is the only one who's guaranteed to not be on his way out the door, especially with the scheme change.

They were the biggest names at the position that we could afford last year, and I feel that they got a raw deal in 2012. All of them missed time to injury at some point in the season, and their stats reflect that. With as much as we've invested in them (and as little better talent there appears to be on the market in 2013) there's no point in cutting any of them.

There is no way that Suggs leaves Baltimore. He's going to fill the leadership void made by Ray Lewis' departure.

Shaun Phillips from San Diego would be a great signing for our new 3-4 scheme. Very experienced and can still make plays.

I agree though that Victor Butler would be an obvious signing with the 'boys changing to a 4-3 and his old coach being our new DC.

Kruger and Barwin are dream signings but we have no chance with the cap space...

Purdue produces some really good defensive players in the league. Ryan Kerrigan, Shaun Phillips, Spencer, Avril, Ray Edwards, and Bernard Pollard are all from there.

Barwin didn't have nearly as good a year this year as he did last, I don't know why that was but for a guy in contract year he didn't help himself at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom