Which Free Agent LB should We Target? (1 Viewer)

I'm not really sure about Anthony Spencer. Sure he had a great season, but it was a contract year. What about all the years before that? His numbers were just terrible.

2011 was also contract year.

2012 he was franchised. Apparantly he played well enough to get a franchise tag. But I can't see us affording him.

I'd like us to give Michael Boley a serious look, since the Giants just released him for cap reasons this week.
And also because he was quite awful, just like all of the giants lbs. Apart from that, i think he's only played in a 4-3 and i don't know how good he'd be in a 3-4

And i don't know about connor barwin being a good pass rusher, or such a good acquisition anyway. The guy had 3 sacks last year and much like reed he wasn't anything special at all

I'd like us to give Michael Boley a serious look, since the Giants just released him for cap reasons this week.

Boley is an undersized 4-3 LB who is 30 years old and has not looked good the past 2 seasons. You don't want to waste the time with him.

Im with the Victor Butler camp.

I'm not sure about Kruger. His productivity came about with Suggs back in the lineup.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Suggs was hurt most of the year right, and when he first returned he wasn't full go? From what I saw Kruger was a beast. Not sure if we can afford him though.

With Loomis's ability to work the cap we could end up with both Spencer and Butler and both of them would be more than happy to follow Ryan.

Which free agent linebacker should we target?

Easy... Just find out which one of those guys will play free league min and which ever one says "hey, I'll play for the saints for nothing" you sign him and of all three say they will, then you have a mental health professional take a close look at them and sign which one is least crazy...

We have to cut 3 of our highest paid defenders to get close to the salary cap and we don't even have a left tackle under contract and we have jimmy coming up next year... We're not signing any big name free agents... We'll have several undrafted free agents making this team and getting playing time along with paper thin depth... That's reality.

we really didn't have a lt last year.ml always gets who he wants somehow.depth will come in the draft.outside of vilmathe other two underperformed their contracts.not a great loss. will need to find a new leader on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom