Which Free Agent LB should We Target? (1 Viewer)

J.A.

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Ellerbe , Kruger, or spencer?

I know people might say Spencer but at 29 his age becomes a bit of a concern.

My money is on Victor Butler. Was supposed to take over for Spencer but scheme change leaves him without a home in Dallas. He'll come here and reunite with Ryan.

I think with the addition of Rob Ryan, it may honestly be Anthony Spencer. He had his best season with Rob Ryan.

I'm not really sure about Anthony Spencer. Sure he had a great season, but it was a contract year. What about all the years before that? His numbers were just terrible.

I'm not sure about Kruger. His productivity came about with Suggs back in the lineup.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

None Ellerbe if no Vilma but we good Galete can be better than Spencer!!!!

I think we will lean on current players Galette, Wilson, Broughton and draft picks for that outside pass rush...we do have cap concerns and we like to resign our own guys before venturing out on high priced free agents which Kruger and Spencer will be.

I do expect some cuts on Defense but thats part of the transition to a new scheme and cap relief to help keep current players (Bushrod) who are free agents.

All the big name LB's in FA worry me. Spencer and Kruger played across from studs and probably benefited from them the way Ray Edwards did with Allen. Elderbe seems like one of those guys set to be overpaid.

Shaun Phillips from San Diego would be a great signing for our new 3-4 scheme. Very experienced and can still make plays.

I agree though that Victor Butler would be an obvious signing with the 'boys changing to a 4-3 and his old coach being our new DC.

Kruger and Barwin are dream signings but we have no chance with the cap space...

The ellerbe kid can flat out ball .

Shaun Phillips from San Diego would be a great signing for our new 3-4 scheme. Very experienced and can still make plays.

I agree though that Victor Butler would be an obvious signing with the 'boys changing to a 4-3 and his old coach being our new DC.

Kruger and Barwin are dream signings but we have no chance with the cap space...
I beg to disagree, the few times i saw chargers games he was one of the worst on the field, i wouldn't touch phillips if he came here at the league minimim.

I'd like a lot butler. Kruger will be too expensive and barwin..ehh..no great pass rusher by any means

Conner Barwin From The Texans is a Free Agent. Great size and speed. Athlete/ project type players when drafted, did involve to a competent pass rusher. Fits perfect into our new scheme, and probably wont break the bank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom