Which Games Get Nationality Televised In '18? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints are back. They may not have won it all in '17, but '18 looks very promising. I expect a lot will pick the Saints next season. After going 11-5 and capturing the NFC South title, the team will very much be in conversation in September.
In addition to the usual division opponents, the Saints have games against the LA Rams and Minnesota Vikings, NFC East, and AFC North.
Which games do you expect to get nationally televised? I'd call @ Minnesota opening on SNF, Vs Atlanta on MNF, and @ Dallas on MNF. Wouldn't be surprised if they put a Carolina game on SNF too.

Carolina on a Thursday Night
Steelers, Vikings on Sunday Night
Cowboys and Rams will be a 3:30 FOX/CBS game of the week
Falcons and Eagles MNF

Wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings/Saints rematch is the first game of the season. I expect it to be a national game. As well as one of our Falcon games, Panthers, and possibly the Rams, Cowboys, Giants and Steelers. I expect 3-4 prime time games and another couple national games.

It seemed like the Skins and Chiefs had a ton of prime time games the first half of the season. We may fill that role this season. The Pats, Cowboys, Giants, and Steelers always are on the short list for prime time games due to their fan bases and we play 3 of the 4.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings/Saints rematch is the first game of the season. I expect it to be a national game. As well as one of our Falcon games, Panthers, and possibly the Rams, Cowboys, Giants and Steelers. I expect 3-4 prime time games and another couple national games.

It seemed like the Skins and Chiefs had a ton of prime time games the first half of the season. We may fill that role this season. The Pats, Cowboys, Giants, and Steelers always are on the short list for prime time games due to their fan bases and we play 3 of the 4.

I was thinking the Vikings at home but if they win the SB then it would be at their house. That eliminates us.

Even if Vikings win Super Bowl (blah!) expect NBC to go with a "returning, angry" Aaron Rodgers vs them rather than us vs them.

they'll probably get shafted again and have to play an away Thursday night game. its ridiculous the disparity

2008 away
2009 home
2012 away
2013 away
2014 away
2015 home
2016 away
2017 away

I just hope the Thursday night game is early, when you're less beat up. It's always terrible, but having it in week 5 is a lot different than week 12.

I just hope the Thursday night game is early, when you're less beat up. It's always terrible, but having it in week 5 is a lot different than week 12.
Was thinking the exact same thing...It definitely does make a difference!!

they'll probably get shafted again and have to play an away Thursday night game. its ridiculous the disparity

2008 away
2009 home
2012 away
2013 away
2014 away
2015 home
2016 away
2017 away
We played a home TNF game in 2009? Don't recall. Unless you mean the game against the Vikings in 2010 to start the season.

I just hope that we get some late afternoon starts in the 4PM window. With my job it makes it a lot easier to watch the games after 4PM, than before. Of course we should get a good favorable primetime schedule next season. So that is going to be sweet.

The Saints are back. They may not have won it all in '17, but '18 looks very promising. I expect a lot will pick the Saints next season. After going 11-5 and capturing the NFC South title, the team will very much be in conversation in September.
In addition to the usual division opponents, the Saints have games against the LA Rams and Minnesota Vikings, NFC East, and AFC North.
Which games do you expect to get nationally televised? I'd call @ Minnesota opening on SNF, Vs Atlanta on MNF, and @ Dallas on MNF. Wouldn't be surprised if they put a Carolina game on SNF too.

Thursday night opener against Minnesota, agree with your call.

I know, traditionally since the inception of the Thursday night opener the Super Bowl winning team is one of the teams. Which would mean that this scenario would likely only play out if Minnesota wins the SB.

If not I could make a strong case for either Atl, Car, LA, Dal, Min being a Sunday night game.

I see one division Thursday night
1 MNF, maybe 2 if ESPN likes the matchup
2 SNF

So 5 prime time games is my guess. We make for good TV, especially now.

Cowboys games get televised. They had almost double the amount of prime time games than the reigning super bowl champion patriots.

We will get probably 2 prime time games and a Thursday game. Steelers saints will likely be prime time. So we can expect Falcons or panthers to be the other game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom