Which guy in the draft would you be most pleased with? (1 Viewer)

Which of the following do you want the most

• Glenn Dorsey

Votes: 84 38.4%
  • Cedrick Ellis

Votes: 101 46.1%
  • Kenny Phillips

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Keith Rivers

Votes: 18 8.2%
  • Mike Jenkins

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dan Connor

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
Ellis is going to be good but none of this matters until FA is over and we truely see our needs.

Just for kicks.

Out of those guys I'd be pleased in this order:

Ellis - I think he and Dorsey are at the same level play wise and Ellis doesn't have the injury concerns.

Dorsey - We need a monster DT or we are never going to have a good defense.

Phillips - Like Dorsey, I feel we will never have a good defense until we get a physical playmaking FS. All good to great defenses have two things in common. Great DT's and a great FS. From there some teams have elite CB's, some elite LB's, some great pass rushing DE's, but without solidifying the front and back of your D, whats in the middle is held back and hampered.

Conners/Rivers - Neither seem like sure thing monster LB picks to me. I don't think either is of value at 10. but if the above 3 D players are gone, I'd take one of them or trade down and take one of them.

Mike Jenkins - I think Cromartie is better. Jenkins, with a great combine will probably be top 10 value though.

Last edited:
I don't think Cromartie will be a 1st round pick. I think he goes in the 2nd, and we may have a shot at him there.

I don't think Cromartie will be a 1st round pick. I think he goes in the 2nd, and we may have a shot at him there.

If Cromartie runs a 4.3 at the combine, and I think he'll be around that, he will go in the first round. Theres no chance we get the guy in the 2nd unless he runs like a 4.5 or something.

DRC has been absolutely flying up draft boards since the season ended.

He was a 4th rounder on NFLDraftScout 2 weeks ago, now he's listed as a 1st rounder.

But to answer the original question: Dorsey followed closely by Ellis.

1- Dorsey
2- Ellis
3- Rivers
4- Gholston

Any of the above 4 would make me happy at #10.

DRC has been absolutely flying up draft boards since the season ended.

He was a 4th rounder on NFLDraftScout 2 weeks ago, now he's listed as a 1st rounder.

But to answer the original question: Dorsey followed closely by Ellis.

I'll believe it when I see it. It's hard to make a jump from the 4th to the 1st. He would have to blow people away at the combine to make a move like that.

If for some unbelievable reason Ellis lasts to the 10th pick, I would say him. Other than that, I would go for either Rivers or Connor. I voted for Rivers because I picked Connor in another post that involved only those two, where I mentioned I would be fine with either. I don't think Ellis will last past the Bengals, who pick ahead of the Saints, so a good LB would upgrade our defense considerably.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom