Which guy in the draft would you be most pleased with? (1 Viewer)

Which of the following do you want the most

• Glenn Dorsey

Votes: 84 38.4%
  • Cedrick Ellis

Votes: 101 46.1%
  • Kenny Phillips

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Keith Rivers

Votes: 18 8.2%
  • Mike Jenkins

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dan Connor

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
Just for kicks.

Out of those guys I'd be pleased in this order:

Ellis - I think he and Dorsey are at the same level play wise and Ellis doesn't have the injury concerns.

Dorsey - We need a monster DT or we are never going to have a good defense.

Phillips - Like Dorsey, I feel we will never have a good defense until we get a physical playmaking FS. All good to great defenses have two things in common. Great DT's and a great FS. From there some teams have elite CB's, some elite LB's, some great pass rushing DE's, but without solidifying the front and back of your D, whats in the middle is held back and hampered.

Conners/Rivers - Neither seem like sure thing monster LB picks to me. I don't think either is of value at 10. but if the above 3 D players are gone, I'd take one of them or trade down and take one of them.

Mike Jenkins - I think Cromartie is better. Jenkins, with a great combine will probably be top 10 value though.

id have dorsey first but after that this is pretty much how it have them rated.....

There is no way Cromartie moves up into the top 10 in the draft after one game. The guy comes from a small school (much like Rasheam Mathis and Drayton Florence did, and they went in the 2nd). I'd be surprised if he even goes in the 1st unless he has an awesome workout at the Combine.

4.5 or 4.3?

If Cromartie runs a 4.3 at the combine, and I think he'll be around that, he will go in the first round. Theres no chance we get the guy in the 2nd unless he runs like a 4.5 or something.

Give me a break. I don't know why so much emphasis is put on a player's 40-yard dash time. I can see a second or two making a difference, but 4.3 - 4.5?? What's the difference between .2 seconds. It's rediculous.

NFL teams put too much emphasis on those things.

I picked Dorsey because I think he is the best of those listed AND he fills a need. Course there is no way he would be around when the Saints pick, but assuming we had pick #1, I'd go Dorsey.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have DRC, but not at #10. If that was the direction we were going, I'd want to trade down and pick up extra picks.

Is it that we think the DTs are that dominant compared to the other positions, or is it that we think we NEED a DT that bad?

Is it that we think the DTs are that dominant compared to the other positions, or is it that we think we NEED a DT that bad?

Both. I beleive that if we had Dorsey or Ellis, Charles Grant's sack totaly would go up. He is the one, along with Will Smith, who gets doubled quite often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom