Which kick returners to target in the draft? (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I believe it would make sense to target some players that can start or backup at kick returner. Special teams have not been particularly good this year. (to put it mildly).

After some preliminary initial research - here is a list of guys that can return kicks, they all have experience doing it.

1) Christian McCaffery - RB - Stanford (1-2)
2) Tredavious White - CB - LSU (1-2)
3) Alvin Kamara - RB - Tennessee (2)
4) Adoree Jackson - CB - USC (2-3)
5) Cooper Kupp - WR - E. Washington (3-4)

I'm sure there are others to consider.

I believe Peppers fields kicks as well correct? Phenominal athlete and game changer on defense. I would love to have hime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe Peppers fields kicks as well correct? Phenominal athlete and game changer on defense. I would love to have him.

He has. The point of this thread is - which players do you want in the draft who can also return punts. Should be a short list, I gave mine.

I think Peppers is a perfect example. Good post daBoot.

Eddy Jackson, S Alabama. Season ending injury was a leg fracture, not a knee so he should come back 100%. Great punt returner and a ball hawk safety.

I didn't realize teams drafted kick returners :confused:

The terrible way our return game has been since 2013? Yeah. Getting someone who can be a dangerous returner would make a lot of sense.

It would make even more sense to ensure that returning isn't the only thing they do well.

Which is the case with Peppers, McCaffery, Jackson, and White.

To be fair, we drafted Murphy for this very reason... he has done well at times, but his mistakes far outweigh his bright spots. When he can hold on the the ball he is pretty elusive. Mostly a disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Evan Berry, safety, Tennessee. And yes, he is Eric Berry's younger brother.

Also, Lorenzo Jerome. He's a safety from Saint Francis University. He's an interesting prospect on defense but is also a pretty dynamic return man in his own right.

I would not put the Fate of the return game in the hands of a rookie. The fans and the team alike will be looking for improvement there. First drop, misjudged ball, bad return , or fumble and his confidence will take a hit. Let a veteran do the work and let TLL back him up. Too much weight on the shoulders of a rookie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom