Which lb that we drafted lately was the best? (1 Viewer)

Well

• Marvin Mitchell

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Alfred Fincher

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Courtney Watson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colby Buckwaldt

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Cie Grant

• James Allen

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Sedrick Hodge

• NONE

Votes: 54 51.9%

• Total voters
Considering only one on this list is on the Saints roster, and Colby Bockwoldt is the only other one who may even still be in the league, that pretty much answers your question.

All but Mitchell were selected by a guy who was a former all pro linebacker, too...

Linebacker may be the toughest position to draft. There are only a handful of truly elite linebackers, and several good ones, then a million average guys.

Our problem is that we always passed on the sure linebackers in the draft. 1st round linebackers have a pretty high percentage of making it. Look at the last couple years with guys like Greenway, Hodge (2nd round), Willis, Vilma, DJ Will., D. Johnson, D'mico Ryan (round 2), etc. etc.

We always pass that first crop of studs and wait on the trashy 3rd tier guys. I'm not saying we can't find a gem like Zach Thomas or Lance Briggs, but the odds are stacked LARGELY against us. We end up with project players at a position our team has been suffering at since literally 1992. Our best linebackers in the last 15 years have been Mark Fields and Kevin Mitchell. It's an issue that needs to be fixed in the 1st 2 rounds. Not rounds 3-7.

i think that the book is still out on mitchell he was hurt in the beggining of the season, and he had some nice plays on special teams. with a year to understand the system better and get healthy and bulk up i'd like to see us at least give him a shot to compete

colby bockwoldt was actually pretty good for us for awhile, how quickly we forget. he wasn't great, but damn sure better than any linebacker we've had the past several years not named Scott Fujita.

Bockwoldt >>> James Allen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom