Which line will be the Tiger best at LSU next year? (1 Viewer)

Which line will be the strongest going into next season?

• Total voters

VVextreme

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Which line will be the Tiger best at LSU next year after all of the massive losses we've endured lately on both side.

A. OL
B. DL

weightlifter316

Kevin Gates 4 President
Reaction score
OL should be improved next year at LG, RG, and RT. LT is a wash mostly because Dworaczyk never really gelled at the position. Lonergan will be missed at center but I believe Porter will do a fine job. Now if Porter, Collins, or Alexander goes down we will be in trouble because we do not have depth next year with experience. Williford will be the only proven backup.

I think our DL will have some growing pains, especially at DE. I think our DT's will be solid.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
to hard to tell at this point but I'll go with OL. The right side of the OL should be fine with Porter and Alexander, not sure who the Center will be, and not sure if Collins will stay at LG or move out to LT. Ethan Pocic the freshman looks to be a solid OT but we won't know until he puts the pads on.

On the DL we have Rasco and Johnson coming back. Those are about the only two that saw significant playing time last year. The rest are still all ?.

OP

VVextreme

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
to hard to tell at this point but I'll go with OL. The right side of the OL should be fine with Porter and Alexander, not sure who the Center will be, and not sure if Collins will stay at LG or move out to LT. Ethan Pocic the freshman looks to be a solid OT but we won't know until he puts the pads on.

On the DL we have Rasco and Johnson coming back. Those are about the only two that saw significant playing time last year. The rest are still all ?.
I'm going to have to pick the D-Line, but it's close... I'm really nervous about BOTH our lines and that's just not a place I wanna be.

Reasons for the D-Line.

1. Our O-Line was bad LAST year, so I fail to see how it gets any better.
2. Unless something changes, our OL coach is up in the press box trying to play handicapped OC.
3. Chavis and company are just better coaches on the defensive side.
4. ZM has horrible pocket awareness and mobility, so hopefully that improves.
5. We're down a couple of RB's, but still expecting big things from Hill and company. Depth is more of a concern now.
6. Freak Johnson.

I like the new talent we brought in on O-Line, but going to take time to get them into speed. We have massive shoes to fill on the D-Line. This is going to be an interesting year! I might have picked OL if Faulk was coming back, but he's not.

I like Alexander too, so really hope he continues his progression.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Trey Hendrickson on Saints D-Line, Week 7 Game Plan | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Marcus Davenport on Returning from Injury, Saints D-Line Performance through Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
Bill Believe what you want, but our season hopes are on the line this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 57
Dan in Lafayette NFL Next Gen Stats: Saints O-Line one of the most-balanced, most-effective units SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Alvin Kamara goes to Tyrann Mathieu for tips on playing at Tiger Stadium SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 16: Saints continue discussion to play at Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LaToya Cantrell says Saints' idea to play at Tiger Stadium is 'a good solution for right now' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 145
Dan in Lafayette Saints explore moving home games to LSU's Tiger Stadium SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: Saints put pressure on LaToya Cantrell with talks of playing at LSU's Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints are exploring possibility of playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints explore playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints exploring to play LSU's Tiger Stadium since fans aren't yet allowed in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BlackNGoldblood Saints discussing playing home games at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 81
Joe Horn was best Saints receiver Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Dan in Lafayette Saints offense playing its best football out of 21 personnel SR News Page Articles 0
saintsfan777 N/S Best Falcons tweet EVER!!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
ndcc Saints Saints’ remaining scheduled (best case - worst case ) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Best bets for Monday Night Football: Chargers at Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0