Which national sports analyst has least credibility? (1 Viewer)

Jones Drew is the worst by far for me.

Chris Simms make a living making controversies out of dumb statements.

And if you talk of a pre-game show, I can't stand the homerism of the NFLNetwork.
The big 3 when it comes to terrible takes
Maurice Jones-Drew
Chris Simms
Colin Cowherd

Gary "FREAKIN" Danielson

While I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree with the take, he's not really an analyst as much as he is a commentator. But yeah, he definitely SUCKS and BLOWS!

My top 3:

Jones-Drew. Mainly because he is such a Saints Hater.
Chris Simms. Because Chris Simms.
Skip Bayless. He's all Schtick and No Content.

Jones Drew is the worst by far for me.

Chris Simms make a living making controversies out of dumb statements.

And if you talk of a pre-game show, I can't stand the homerism of the NFLNetwork.
Some solid candidates.

I'd also like to add Stephen A. Smith and of course, Skip Bayless, since I've seen neither of those Neanderthals have been mentioned yet (well, Skip just was right before hitting "post" :hihi:)
My take exactly. Given his lack of accomplishments at the pro level, it is unfathomable how he landed the gig that he has.
That's easy, it's because of Daddy Simms. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Chris Simms isn't even qualified to be pushing a broom, and that's not a slight on anyone in the broom pushing profession; those men and women are some very hardworking individuals, Simms is the polar opposite.

I could do Simms' job in my sleep.

I don't understand how Mel Kiper Jr. still has a job. He's been consistently wrong for years!

It's probably easier to name the ones with the most credibility. I, too, miss Trent Dilfer. He wasn't afraid to do his homework. He truly analyzed the game. He wasn't trying to win a popularity contest or always crack lame jokes. It's probably the reason ESPN let him go. He was the odd one out. The smart one.

And I can't stand Collinsworth. Why is he always chuckling when he talks. Why. Might be a side effect of that long arsed neck. But how can anyone who laughs every time they open their mouth have any credibility. Impossible.

Easily, 80% of them are deplorable garbage and the majority of the remaining 20% would've been far below average if they were compared to pre-2000 media members. Damn near all of them are some combination of cocky, smug, dumb, or uptight, and I chalk it up to the networks proactively grooming them to be that way. They know this country is teeming with low IQ sheep that gravitate to people that sound overly sure of themselves regardless of how unfounded and downright ignorant the drivel spewing from their mouths is.

I think my blood pressure actually went up slightly while typing this post.
Agree. Speak forcefully enough and with enough conviction virtually anything can be sold to the masses.

Agree. Speak forcefully enough and with enough conviction virtually anything can be sold to the masses.

Just look at how long that muttonhead Phil Simms held on to a mic and a check with CBS.

We'll always have this dandy from right before Tracy Porter's pick 6 in the Super Bowl:

"Imma say this...two weeks ago...the Jets...ya kept blitzin...and it cost ya. If I was the New Or-lee-unz Saints...I would not blitz him. I would put the extra guys in coverage."

Doug Gottlieb

Mine would have to be Chris Simms or Skip Bayless. Simms actually played in the NFL (I use that term loosely) so there is no excuse for how far off he is from reality sometimes.

Ian Rappaport. He always throws crap up against the wall with his “reports” hoping that something will stick. He is a pure speculator and not an investigative reporter. BDM

I don't understand how Mel Kiper Jr. still has a job. He's been consistently wrong for years!
Bayless and Chris Simms are the low hanging fruit, obvious answers here because they're just so terrible it's hard to believe they're even on TV.

But Kiper and McShay drive me absolute batshirt because every year at the draft, when a player gets picked, they always say "I had him mocked here" like they were somehow clairvoyant and right about the pick. What they did was actually come out with 35 different mock drafts, most of which people don't see because it's behind a paywall, and either they're just dead wrong and no one knows it, or they're right because they got lucky on one of their 35 mock drafts.

Too many to choose just one that has the least amount of credibility. Those are a dime a dozen. I don’t blame them though as they are working smart not hard. Saying just enough fluff for the average fan.

My faves are Bruschi, Baldinger, and Schlereth. Not sure if they’re still on air analyst, but they seemed like guys that actually put in the work and watch a lot of film to form their opinions.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom