Which national sports analyst has least credibility? (1 Viewer)

I know this one is hard. I'm going with Damien Woody. He talks as if he is the definitive authority. Grates on me. Yet he defended the refs as making the "right call" regarding the NFC Championship robbery. He also said it was an uncatchable pass.

Ok, we will call it an uncatchable pass. Then we will take the penalty for a hit on a defenseless receiver.

Theres no way out of it being one or the other. Both result in a 1st down and a Super Bowl appearance.

My take exactly. Given his lack of accomplishments at the pro level, it is unfathomable how he landed the gig that he has.

That’s not always the case though

When he first got to espn I remember thinking

“Why do I want to listen to Trent Dilfer talk about football?”

(Yes I know he’s a “super bowl winning QB” but everyone knows that was the defense’s win he was just along for the ride)

Well as it turned out I did want to listen to Dilfer talk about football, I actually preferred him over Steve Young, Dilfer became one of my favorite talking heads

I was so wrong about him I said I would apologize to him if I ever met him in person

He’s one of my favorites, and easily one of the best.

But it’s definitely cool to hate on him on this board.

And it’s Cris......like Cris Carter.

Collinsworth is knowledgable not denying that. It's his delivery that led me to nickname him "Captain Smarmy", he is like a modern day Joe Thiesman in that respect....

Simms is a moron or at the very least is playing the role of a moron because he is a natural....

Remember when the news was simply just the news and sports highlights were sports highlights?

Today it is 90% opinion, narrative and staged crap. Its why I don't watch any sports programming except the games themselves. It sucks. I miss it.

SR now has enough of the vote in that we can project Chris Simms the winner of the Least Credible Sports Analyst. Let's go to the Chris Simms election night headquarters to get the reaction from the winner:

"Yeaaaahhhhhh! I love it."

Last edited:
Chris Simms hands down for me just for his ridiculous QB takes alone. No need to qualify the statement
1kxup2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom