Which NFL team(s) do you root for when it doesn’t hurt the Saints if the team wins? (1 Viewer)

Lions (bc I want to see them win a title) and the Ravens (had a friend who played for them during their first SB and another buddy who used to work for them, along with Ray Lewis/Ed Reed being two of my favorite players of all time).
Yep, those are my picks also. Full disclosure....I've really lost the INTENSE interest in the NFL over the years, due to the numerous Scandals of the Goodell era, especially those related to the Saints. I don't really watch football anymore, but that's relatively easy for me, living in south-central PA...my Saints are hardly ever on.

With that said, I just can't help myself....always seem to be checking up on the team, but mostly here on SR. I'm content to watch the game highlights on Sunday night Sportscenter, where I can see many of the "big plays" and final score of the Saints game.

I also find myself interested in the Lions and Ravens scores. I see the Lions fanbase as a kindred spirit...perennial losers who ocassionally have good seasons, seeding hope and aspirations for "next year." They're still waiting for their CSP and Brees, but I wish them well. I'm interested in the Ravens because of their defensive prowess....year after year after year. They remind me of the excellence of the Dome Patrol. So, the only other teams I have a modicum of interest in are both because they remind me of the Saints in some way.

Once upon a time, I'd have included the SD Chargers. I always thought their unis were the best in the AFC, 2nd coolest in the league (we all know who has the BEST!), and if it weren't for the Chargers' mistake, we would've never gotten DB9. (there's that Saint connection again). But then they played "stick 'em up" with SD for a new stadium, so a billionaire wouldn't have to use any of his own money. When they didn't get their way, they moved to LA. The only NFL city to ever have 2 franchises (at the same time); that failed to support EITHER; then lost BOTH franchises; and HAPPILY sat vacant for years....now has TWO franchises (at the same time)....AGAIN?!!! "F" LA and every team who plays there!

Titans as I was an old Oilers fan, and the Titans are right down the road, have enjoyed many games there over the years.

Bills. Idk why.

Vegas as that’s where I grew up.

That’s about it for me. I don’t watch any of their games tho, if the Saints weren’t involved in the league I’d be out.

If it doesn't hurt the Saints, I root for the team that's losing because I want to see a nice comeback win.

As a kid my two favorite players were Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. So it was the Lions and the Bears oh my.

I got family in Chicago so I am a fan of the Blackhawks, Bulls. And Cubs but after the NFCCG in Chicago I don't give a mouse butt about the Bears.

I still have a soft spot for the Lions because they have been the lovable losers.

I was a Bengals fan way back and I am now again, thanks to Burreaux and Co.
Other than that, whoever is playing against the Falcons or the Cowboys.

I guess since I grew up the Jim Kelly era, it's hard not to root for Buffalo. I don't know why, but when I was younger and played Madden my brothers and I had a 'no Saints clause' since all three of us wanted to play as them. I always selected Baltimore to start my franchise or start our season. To this day not sure why I always picked them too, lol.

The Bengals , for obvious reasons.
For compassion sake, the Bills.
4 Super Bowl losses in a row?
Unthinkable.
I've liked the Chargers for a long time.
They have been a snake bit team for as long as I can remember. Their new QB is the real deal and seems to be a humble guy.
I feel sorry for the Lions, but I don't like pulling for other NFC teams in general.
Don't like the Vikings, although they did us a giant favor in helping to extend our Super Bowl run . Thank you again, Fahv-ruh !
It then breaks down to a week-by-week situation - pull for whoever is playing an NFC South team, or is playing a team that needs to lose to help The Saints .

I generally pull for the underdog in games that have no affect on the Saints standing or seeding. But I only want the other NFC South teams to win if it would/ could help the Saints. I did pull for Joe Burrow for much of last year, and especially during the postseason.

I started dating a Pats fan roughly 5 years ago. Now, I have to sit through every Patriots game, even if it involves recording or downloading it to watch before or after each Saints game. And boy, do I love that idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom