Which NFL team(s) do you root for when it doesn’t hurt the Saints if the team wins? (1 Viewer)

I always pulled for the Chargers as a kid and still do. I live near Seattle and pull for them as long as it doesn’t hurt the Saints.

Situationally I always root for whoever the Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Cowboys, 49ers, Rams, and Vikings are playing, because it feels right. Exception being unless it hurts the Saints.

I work with a lot of Steelers fans, and a lot of them like the Saints as their favorite NFC team, so I've kind of leaned that way with the Steelers. I've also had a thing for the Chargers as well.

Chargers.

Comes from following Wes Chandler….great Saint early in his career.

Once he went to San Diego, they were just so fun to watch with Air Coryell …..Dan Fouts, Chandler, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow…..and I loved their colors.

Still do.

And Chuck Muncie went there too at the same time.

Then 20 years later we get Drew from them.

Only wish they stayed in San Diego….I hate LA.

Last edited:
Chargers ownership doesn't deserve fans. When Alex Spanos died, his scum bag kids took over, they're clueless. The NFL would be better off if this franchise was sold.

I live in Wisconsin now, but I can't really be happy when the Packers win because of the playoff implications. I hope for success for the Lions because my daughter in law is a fan. They have suffered so long and they remind me of the Saints from years back.

whatever team i have fantasy players on and i need them to score tds.
This is one of the many reasons I quit playing fantasy football. I could never stomach pulling for teams/players like the 49ers and Falcons just for the sake of scoring points in my FF league.

None on a consistent basis. Individually, try to pull for a W/L that affects the overall Saints position in the standings. Also, as said above, pull for hated teams to lose.

When I was a kid, before the Saints came into existence, it was the Houston Oilers. They were on TV in NOLA every Sunday, had Billy Cannon and George Blanda, and were our team. Didn't carry over to the Titans, though.

My dad grew up a Jets fan because of Broadway Joe so I've always rooted for them. Saints and Jets, sheesh. Pops couldn't grow up loving the Chiefs or the Steelers or the Broncos. Or hell, even the Patriots. No. He had to grow up loving the Jets.

And for some reason I've always had a soft spot for the Lions. Growing up I was a huge Barry Sanders fan and I always felt like the Lions and Saints were kindred spirits. Then of course they were always playing on Thanksgiving. Seems like everyone roots for the Lions on Thanksgiving. And those super plain uniforms they wear sometimes on Thanksgiving are sweet. These:

5b854703e8a4eb5c454ea1524bb0d212--vintage-football-sports-photos.jpg

Tough question because there are so many teams I dislike and actively pull against.

My list:

1. Cincinnati--I liked the Bengals before Burrow because the team was mediocre for so long and because I have been to Cincinnati a number of times in the past for business reasons and like the city. Now with Burrow, it is even easier to pull for Cincinnati.

2. Buffalo, Detroit, Kansas City--Small markets or economically challenged markets (or both).

Teams I really dislike:

1. Dallas.

2. San Francisco, Las Vegas--For both, the fans.

3. Atlanta, Carolina--Atlanta because--well, just because. Carolina because of the players it took from us when that franchise started and because it is in the NFL South.

4. Los Angeles Rams--Because the owner and the franchise symbolize everything wrong with today's NFL and because of the no-call.

5. New England--Enough.

6. Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Chicago--The fans.

For me, at present, it would be Lions, Bills, Patriots, and Bengals.
Miami - because as a kid I liked their colors and the cute dolphin and they had David Woodley from LSU.
Bengals - also from my days as a kid, they had the tiger thing going on and they drafted Charles Alexander "The Great". Now, having Burrow and Chase doesn't hurt.
But NOTHING, comes close to my love for the home team. If the Bengals or Dolphins need to lose to help the Saints, then so be it, but since they are both AFC teams, usually I am pulling for them against NFC teams anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom