Which of these two guards would you bring back? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Assuming health for both, which of these two would you add to our current team?
Carl Nicks
Jahri Evans

It’s Carl for me, he’s my favorite guard to ever suit up for us.

And remember this is assuming full health for each.
Jahri is a very close second for me. Both amazing.

Definitely Carl Nicks
My humble opinion is he is the greatest player at that position in Saints history

? agree.
I figured I’d be the only one to think that tho.
To me if he had stayed healthy he’d have gone down as one of the greatest guards in NFL history.

Big strong and mean. Things our current left guard lacks imo. I’d pick Carl in a bar fight and I’d pick Andrus as a library partner.

Such a tragedy how Nicks’ career was that short. He should still be here today.

Agreed.
Another O lineman that had his career cut too short was Le Charles Bentley. He had skills as well imo.

And I can’t believe we had two of the best guards in NFL history at the same time. No coincidence that we won it all with those two studs on the line.

Such a tragedy how Nicks’ career was that short. He should still be here today.

Sad but true. He got MRSA in 2013 after signing with the Bucs. I hated seeing him go there and then with the MRSA infection it was like insult added to injury. Wish we could have kept him. He's one of my all time favorite Saints players.

Imagine if we had unger with those 2 good god man

Loved Evans but Nicks brought the nasty “we will manhandle you” attitude that seems to be infectious along a line and we could use a bit more of right now.

Bentley brought that attitude as well but I questioned whether he could keep it reigned to between the whistles. I love the nasty attitude on an Oline and I think it’s almost necessary with all the different stuff you can see from a defense.

I believe so too. And iirc we got him in the 5th. Character concerns. Also got Jahri in the 4th I think.

That is correct. He was arrested just before the draft for "remaining after being forbidden" . The PoPo shut down a college party and he stayed.
Imagine that, a college kid partying.
I think he was graded as a lower 1st - upper 2nd round talent but fell into the fifth round and right into the Saint's lap

Definitely Carl Nicks
My humble opinion is he is the greatest player at that position in Saints history

Agreed, him next to Armstead? That would be criminal....he was 340+ and athletic...could you imagine Kamara running screens behind those two? Or LM on pitch sweeps to the left....it would be unstoppable....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom