Saints Which one of these teams do you believe has the potential to become the league's next dynasty? (1 Viewer)

I think the Chiefs are going to be the closest thing to a dynasty. What the Patriots did was an outlier in today's football. With Mahomes though I don't ever see them falling below 8 wins a year when he stays healthy a full year.

While im at it I think Mahomes will prevent a 49ers dynasty from happening. The rocket arm of Pat will be the Edge that puts KC over the top in the Superbowl. The Chiefs offense reminds me of LSU when it comes to play makers. They have 1 excellent WR who can break for a big play anytime and 2 other really good WRs. Kelce is a catch monster who is tough to bring down, while Mahomes can use his legs to let a big pass play develop or just plain run it downfield if he has to. Thier RB situation is sufficient to get by.

Chiefs almost certainly, especially if Reid stays for awhile. Mahomes has "best player in NFL history" potential.
Ravens, maybe. Probably. If Jackson can take the next step, which I believe he can.

The rest, eh. Very unlikely to be a "dynasty" in the true sense. "Perennial contender" maybe.

Not buying the Ravens at all. Jackson is going to be law of diminishing returns.

Not buying the Ravens at all. Jackson is going to be law of diminishing returns.
Agreed Tennessee and Buffalo put a blueprint in place to beat Balt. Make Jackson throw deep, cover his TEs and limit his run yards. Jackson no doubt is very good but elite teams can stop him.

I don't see anymore dynasties happening. I think all teams "bend the rules," but the Patriots bent them the best. They've stacked their capital over the years and cemented their image as a championship destination. Amplified by a weak division/conference. That gave them more leverage to drop under performing talent faster and pick up FA's at great deals. Once they fizzle out dynasties are over.

Agreed Tennessee and Buffalo put a blueprint in place to beat Balt. Make Jackson throw deep, cover his TEs and limit his run yards. Jackson no doubt is very good but elite teams can stop him.
I agree. One thing I thought of with the Ravens' youthful arrogance in ringing up the score week after week long after the game was over, and piling on the stats for Jackson to clinch the MVP by Thanksgiving, was how they were basically giving the NFL all the game film they ever needed to figure out how to stop them. And lo and behold, the uncrowned Super Bowl champions were thwarted immediately out of the gate!

Titans, rofl.

Come on, bruh.

I was also curious why they were included in this.

They remind me somewhat of the '98 Jets: Got off to a shaky start......had an absolute stud for a running back.....and
replaced their starter with a backup quarterback who had mostly been a disappointment as a starting quarterback elsewhere after showing promise earlier in his career, with the team absolutely catching fire after that happened and riding it all the way to the AFC championship game.

For now.

It was his first year starting. Can he adapt his game like Deshaun Watson appears to have? I think so; he seems to be pretty sharp and incredibly driven with a good head on his shoulders. I certainly hope so because good lord is he fun to watch.

For now.

It was his first year starting. Can he adapt his game like Deshaun Watson appears to have? I think so; he seems to be pretty sharp and incredibly driven with a good head on his shoulders. I certainly hope so because good lord is he fun to watch.

IDK... When I see Watson I see a leader of men.

When I see Lamar Jackson I see a very talented runner that overachieved in the passing game because he played with a chip on his shoulder all year long to prove doubters wrong. His first statement in his first press conference post week one of the season was “pretty good for a running back, huh”. I will wait and see next year how he handles being the reigning MVP.

Could be the Pats again if they find the right replacement for Brady... like maybe Andy Dalton. They still have Belicheat after all.

As long as Mahomes is healthy, the Chiefs are going to be a tough out. I don't know if a dynasty can happen these days. Belichick is from another planet, Andy Reid doesn't live on that planet. I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson being a long term success, he very well could be, but lets see how he does over a 2-3 year period. Cam Newton had a legitimate MVP season, and hasn't been in the area code of another MVP since.

But Mahomes has a proven skillset, isn't gimmicky, and has talent like this league has never seen before. Scary thing is, he isn't in his prime. He hasn't had the years of experience to become a true on field general like Manning, Brady and Brees. If he can grab a SB this early in his career while he is relying mostly on ability, and then gains that experience to dissect a defense with is mind like Brees does - the Chiefs are the closest to having dynasty potential.

Of these, I'd have to say Kansas City. The best player at the most important position goes a long way towards creating a dynasty and the Chiefs have that person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom