Which Pass Rusher Would You Draft (1 Viewer)

Jordan, Mingo, Jones (might be higher if not for the Roman Harper), and then Ansah.

I would not consider drafting Moore, who is the most overrated prospect in the draft to me.

At 15 if the others were gone, you would not consider Moore?

Mingo is as close as it gets to DWare and has potential to be a stud. Like you said he should have been in a 3-4. Guy has freakish potential. Could be the next great.

Jordan/Jones is a toss up for me. Jordan also has freakish ability but shoulder injury sacres me a little. Would love to have him if that's the way we go. Jones reminds me of a Terrell Suggs type of player that can just flat out get it done. His times on his drills will either make me higher in him or stay the same if he doesn't do to well. He is probably the most NFL ready but least potential to me. Not saying he won't be a pro bowler.

Lane Johnson next all depending on Bushrod. He could be the best LT in the draft and has huge upside. Technique can be taught and he should have no problem getting better and better at his craft while Drew Brees makes his transition very easy.

Xavier Rhodes would also be a great pick and much needed for us against the Falclowns. We need a stud big corner to match up with Calvin, Julio, Green, Jackson, Demarious, etc.. Let Robinson and Greer fight for the other spot.

We have so many options and with FA once under the cap our team either way will produce both sides of the ball. Our new scheme, a few FAs, and 2 impact picks could very well supplant us as a top 10 D! We will be a dangerous team next year no matter who we pick!
Agree on Lane johnson. No doubt one can always improve on technique, but his technique is plenty good enough to step in as a starter and make an immediate impact. He was first rounder before the combine, now he is a higher first rounder do to his athleticism.

1- Jones, I know about the neck problem, but since he has had it all the games he has played at Georgia plus he has not missed any time because of it... I think it's a non issue.

2-Mingo, does not play at 100% on all plays, and light in the pants.

3-Ansah, RAW started only nine games, and is built more for a 4-3 de.

4-Jordan, great physical tools and athleticism, but that's about it! Never produced numbers in a weak conference. Good in pass rush, good in coverage, not good against the run. Not great at anything. Reaccuring shoulder problems that has keep him out of games( major red flag!)

5-Moore, not interested!

Posted this in another thread (after Jordan, they are not ordered):

Dion Jordan is the only one who doesn't scare me and he has the potential to be the best pass rusher out of all of them.

Jones has medical that I'm not sure about.

Mingo has straight line speed but can't seems to bend.

Ansah isn't an explosive guy and besides being a good run defender, you really don't know what your going to get with him.
As for Moore, he's the last of the bunch. Not a primary pass rusher type guy. Would benefit from having a dominate guy across from him.

At 15 if the others were gone, you would not consider Moore?

Absolutely not. He's overrated! I've been saying this since January and so far he's backing me up on it. 4.95 and 12 reps on the bench reinforce my opinion that he lacks explosion, is not very fluid, and does not have that suddenness and quick twitch that you like to see in your pass rusher.

Margus Hunt, DE, SMU - Originally slated to be taken in the second round, Hunt may have pushed himself into the first round after clearly posting one of the top performances at the Combine. The 6-8, 277-pound Estonian lineman, dazzled scouts by running a 4.6 40-yard dash. He also showed he's strong enough to handle offensive linemen at the point of attack, as he bench pressed 225 pounds and (sic) impressive 38 times.

Pass rushers: Winners and losers at the NFL Scouting Combine | NOLA.com

We could prolly trade back to somewhere between 23-30 and draft him and obtain a second round pick in exchange for trading spots.

wish someone could show me a 6'4" or taller OLB that weighs 240lbs in the NFl that is successful, most seem to be close to 260lbs

cameron wake, bruce irvin, robert mathis, elvis dumervil?

Now that we've addressed his incredible stats, let's focus on the real issue here: Can Hunt play at an NFL level?

In a word, yes.

NFL Network's Akbar Gbajabiamila recently penned a feature covering Hunt and fellow athletic freak and football novice Ezekiel Ansah. He wrote:

When scouts see such undeveloped talent, they trust that coaches can "train up" the athlete and turn him into an impact player. Ask any scout or coach and they'll say you can teach technique, but you can't teach athleticism. A player who gets a later start to the game lacks bad habits and has a beginner's mind, making him very coachable.

With Hunt, one lucky NFL team will have a rare opportunity to craft and mold him to their design. He's raw, yes, but he's highly teachable.

And it's not like this guy hasn't already shown some natural ability to play the game. In his four years at Southern Methodist, he logged 60 solo tackles, 28 tackles for a loss, 16.5 sacks (eight this past year), one interception and two forced fumbles.

Oh, and don't forget about this man's prowess as a special teams weapon. He totaled a mind-blowing 17 blocked kicks during his college career, earning the moniker "Eastern Block"

Margus Hunt Combine: Estonian Workout Warrior Worth Risk in Round 2 | Bleacher Report

Mingo.

Its not even a question, only a matter of who will be there. Jones is a health risk ( don't you people listing him read up any on these players? ), Jordan certainly didn't show it in games vs good competition ( ex. LSU ), Moore just isn't as good as some people are crediting him, and Ansah is just too unknown - taking such an unknown at 15 or higher keeps you picking at that spot or higher in the future.

Mingo had a pretty down year last year also. There's a knock on everyone.

I know not all of the following players will be there when we pick but hypothetically lets say you have your choice. With certain teams in need of 4-3 DT's, 3-4 DE's, Left Tackles and Quarterbacks some players have flew up draft boards. With the Chiefs getting Alex smith, Raiders saying they are very interested in Geno Smith, Cardinals saying they are in love with Matt Barkley, Bills publicly stating they will be going after a QB and people like Lane Johnson's value sky rocketing I can all but guarantee one of these guys will be there when we pick:

Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Damontre Moore.

Jarvis Jones - a natural playermaker, can do it all, tackle, pass rush, interceptions, force fumbles. He would be a great pick and an absolute steal for either OLB position. Von Miller Comparison

Barkevious Mingo - Great athlete with great size and speed and showed great measurables and ability to cover. Played out of position in LSU's 4-3 on the strongside when he was born to be a 3-4 blitzing linebacker. Damarcus Ware comparison.

Dion Jordan - Another great athlete with insane size and speed, elite coverage ability for a linebacker, would be the perfect OLB for us. Julian Peterson comparison.

Ezekiel Ansah - big freak of nature but think his best fit would be in a 4-3 since he is the perfect size.

Damontre Moore - no elite measurables besides arm length and hand size, but has a natural feel for the game and ability to get to the qb, he is relentless with a non stop motor. Think he fits better as a 4-3 defense end

anyways who is ur choice? Mine is Dion Jordan, but would be happy with him jarvis or mingo and am almost absolutely positive one of them will fall to us and one of them will be a Saint in 2014! Thanks.

TruSaint- great post bro!!

I would say Jones, James, Moore

Its tough because all those guys have some pros and cons. None are sure fire.

Ansah - Outstanding athletic specimen. Powerful. Ability to pass rush and play the run well. Very high ceiling. But raw raw raw raw raw. And you have to project on what you are getting with him. Can he even make it through a season? He's only started in 9 games.

Jones - Probably the best pure pass rusher in the draft. Physical, has all the tools, speed, agility, hand usage, etc. But he has a medical, a scary one. Will he be able to play football in 2 or 3 years? He's also not a gym rat, which is a large reason why he chose not to workout at combine. Proabably wouldnt have tested well next to freaks like Jordon, Ansah, and Mingo.

Jordan - Good pass rusher, agile, athletic as hell. Has the frame to fill out and be bigger and more powerful. Smart and can cover. Yet, he has an injury history also.

Moore - Good pass rusher, more of a crafty guy than a physically dominant one.

Mingo - Great athelete. Solid pass rusher but not spectacular. Not as agile as you would like. Not great vs the run. Can he get bigger?

I dont know....its tough.

I'd probably go with Ansah if Rob feels he could do something with him, if not I'd go with Jones if his medical is cleared, and if thats not cleared I'd go with Jordan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom