Which players will be cut ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
With at least 5 iguaranteed starters due back very soon l was wondering which players will be cut to make room on the 53 for them
Took a look though the current roster and l honestly have no idea, some tough choices ahead

The players coming back can practice for up to 3 weeks before being activated. As a result, I would imagine when Lutz is ready, Johnson will be released (will likely match the required time we have to keep him on the active roster). I can see Ringo going to the PS when Onyemata is back. Holmes probably goes back to PS when Davenport is back. Armstead and McCoy are currently on the active roster, so no moves needed. MT and Smith coming back will probably send Humphrey and maybe Still or Hogan back to the PS or released. When Alexander comes back, I can see a decision. Not sure any other LBs will be released, so we could cut the FB (Armah) or a DT (maybe Adams).

The players coming back can practice for up to 3 weeks before being activated. As a result, I would imagine when Lutz is ready, Johnson will be released (will likely match the required time we have to keep him on the active roster). I can see Ringo going to the PS when Onyemata is back. Holmes probably goes back to PS when Davenport is back. Armstead and McCoy are currently on the active roster, so no moves needed. MT and Smith coming back will probably send Humphrey and maybe Still or Hogan back to the PS or released. When Alexander comes back, I can see a decision. Not sure any other LBs will be released, so we could cut the FB (Armah) or a DT (maybe Adams).
I don't think we have to keep Johnson on the roster for 3 weeks but he will be paid for 3 weeks even if he's cut after 1 or 2

I don't think we have to keep Johnson on the roster for 3 weeks but he will be paid for 3 weeks even if he's cut after 1 or 2
I just googled practice squad signing rules. The article said they are not only paid for three weeks but also count against the 53 player number for three weeks even if released earlier.

Not according to the CBA. He gets the 3 weeks pay and continues to use up a roster spot.

With at least 5 iguaranteed starters due back very soon l was wondering which players will be cut to make room on the 53 for them
Took a look though the current roster and l honestly have no idea, some tough choices ahead
My guess is, it will be someone that makes me say, "Wow! I didn't even realize he was on the team." That's the way it usually goes. :D

Not according to the CBA. He gets the 3 weeks pay and continues to use up a roster spot.

You are correct. The website I looked it up on a couple of days ago left out the last sentence in the blow paragraph. :confused:

• If a practice squad player is signed to another team’s active roster, they will receive a minimum of three paychecks, even if they are released before spending three weeks with the team. Their roster spot will also count against the 53 for three weeks even if they’re released before then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom