Which QB after Brees retires? (1 Viewer)

Taylor Heinicke from Minnesota. Under the radar and not well known, but I'm of the opinion that he would excel in Payton's system.

He has interesting numbers in college. I guess he'll get the nod if something happens to Bradford. If not, then the Vikings might let him go pretty cheap.

If he hits the market, I'd like to sign Matthew Stafford in 2018.

Garrapolo is probably the ideal name that comes to mind, but I would not mind if we tanked like the Colts did to draft a decent replacement as well. Option 2 (tanking) would be the last resort if we cannot get (or afford) a good FA of course (because of cap issues).

Garrapolo is probably the ideal name that comes to mind, but I would not mind if we tanked like the Colts did to draft a decent replacement as well. Option 2 (tanking) would be the last resort if we cannot get (or afford) a good FA of course (because of cap issues).

Option 2 is not an option.

I think under the terms of the new - not really new anymore, I guess - CBA, its advantageous to draft your QB of the Future rather than trying to sign one in free agency. That way you have a cost-controlled starter (hopefully) for 3 to 5 years before breaking the bank for a QB.

Your chances of getting a proven top starter from free agency probably aren't any higher than getting one in the draft; just because we hit the Powerball once doesn't mean we have a great chance of doing it again. The money that even middling QBs are demanding on the free agent market is staggering.

Paxton Lynch may be on the market.

Siemian is 40/59, 444, 1/3, 74.4 rating in two starts. Yes, the % is nice but you don't ditch your first round QB draft choice for 1/3 and 74.

He would have to dramatically improve before Elway would ever think about moving Lynch.

Option 2 is not an option.

Understand your answer, and I said as a "last resort", but, If you cannot afford to get a QB (because of cap issues), how else are you going to get one if you can't afford one?

bobad my response goes along with CountWhoDat's response. See above^^^. You would need a high draft pick to get one....7-9 or 8-8 like we have been doing over the last few years will not get us a QB in the draft....and trading all your picks for one is not an option either....

At first I thought Grayson. But the next guy up is not on the team yet.

I think under the terms of the new - not really new anymore, I guess - CBA, its advantageous to draft your QB of the Future rather than trying to sign one in free agency. That way you have a cost-controlled starter (hopefully) for 3 to 5 years before breaking the bank for a QB.

Your chances of getting a proven top starter from free agency probably aren't any higher than getting one in the draft; just because we hit the Powerball once doesn't mean we have a great chance of doing it again. The money that even middling QBs are demanding on the free agent market is staggering.

That's why I believe trading for an up and coming QB might be a good option.

Either way you are rolling the dice, but I figure that if you trade for someone who's already in the league, then you know what you are getting to an extent.

If you draft a rookie, let alone start him from day 1, you could be in for some serious growing pains.

That's why I believe trading for an up and coming QB might be a good option.

Either way you are rolling the dice, but I figure that if you trade for someone who's already in the league, then you know what you are getting to an extent.

If you draft a rookie, let alone start him from day 1, you could be in for some serious growing pains.

At the same time, if you draft a guy and sit him for a few years, then you can be in charge of his development and inculcate him with your system from day 1 as opposed to having to unteach whatever might come along with somebody having been in another system or just incompetent QB coaching, which God knows there are plenty of in the NFL.

Taylor Heinicke from Minnesota. Under the radar and not well known, but I'm of the opinion that he would excel in Payton's system.

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

Araon Murray or AJ Mcaron. Also the former Balyor QB that the jets are holding on to. Any of them 3 I'm straight with. I know they can run this system its simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom