Which QB do you think is better to lead the Saints: Jameis Winston or Jimmy Garoppolo? (1 Viewer)

Better QB Jimmy G or Jaboo?

• Total voters
After the unsuccessful (thank God!) quest for Watson, the Saints were looking for a quarterback. They opted to sign Winston, who was a free agent. My vote is Winston. These are the reasons:

1. Jimmy G has not been and currently is not a free agent. To get him, a team will have to give up some draft compensation.

2. Winston has been in the system for two years.

3. Jimmy G is coming off a shoulder injury.

4. Admittedly, the same can be said about Winston and Tampa, but Jimmy G's team decided that there was a ceiling to JG's play that had been reached and that to compete at the highest levels, it needed a different and more talented quarterback.

Summary: Though in style and skill set the two quarterbacks are different, in some ways they are comparable. Winston is in his third year with the Saints and did not cost any draft picks to acquire. I do understand the question posed. And to a considerable degree, I like Garoppolo, and if he is healthy, he seems a better quarterback than what several teams have, including Atlanta and Carolina. But given where we are, again I vote Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom