Poll Which (QB) Scenario Do You WANT To Happen? (1 Viewer)

Which (QB) Scenario Do You WANT To Happen?

• Drew signs, Teddy leaves, Taysom signs, Saints draft QB or pick up cheap vet

Votes: 118 59.6%
  • Drew signs, Teddy signs, Taysom signs

Votes: 41 20.7%
  • Drew retires, Teddy signs, Taysom signs, Saints draft QB or pick up cheap vet

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Drew retires, Teddy leaves, Taysom Signs, Saints draft QB AND pick up cheap vet

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Other (please post idea)

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
I voted we re-sign all of them, even though it's basically impossible from a salary cap perspective. Money aside, the absolute best case scenario is that they repeat their roles from last year. It also would give us the opportunity to go seamlessly from Brees to Teddy next year, which would be great.

Unfortunately it's pretty far-fetched, but I assume you meant this as the fantasy-land thread since you have another thread of "what do you think will happen".

I can't imagine why anyone would vote for anything but "keep them all" if money is not an issue.

It's tough to say what I want, because I don't want damaging repercussions either. So it depends on how long Brees plays and what Bridgewater signs for.

This isn't likely, but here is what I want without getting too crazy. This also assumes Brees comes back but it's his last year.

-Resign Brees for 1 year (spread cap however it works best for Loomis).
-Resign Bridgewater to 4 years (5m, 15m, 20m, 20m). This doesn't have a ton guaranteed so we have outs in his 20m years.
-Draft a good QB in 2021
-Sign Taysom to a 4 year contract, 3-4 mil per year.

Not likely, but I'd be thrilled if it worked out that way.

What I want isn't the same as what I think is going to happen. I think Brees return, Taysom resigned, and Bridgewater leaves. Payton is way too invested with Taysom to let him leave. With how the NFL is with running quarterbacks, Payton won't take that chance of letting him go. My issue with Taysom is his lack of experience. We seen him in preseason and had a few passes here and there but all those were design plays and not going through his reads. From my own eyes, Taysom doesn't seem to have a quick release. Right now the only sure thing I can see is having Brees back.

I voted we re-sign all of them, even though it's basically impossible from a salary cap perspective. Money aside, the absolute best case scenario is that they repeat their roles from last year. It also would give us the opportunity to go seamlessly from Brees to Teddy next year, which would be great.

Unfortunately it's pretty far-fetched, but I assume you meant this as the fantasy-land thread since you have another thread of "what do you think will happen".

I can't imagine why anyone would vote for anything but "keep them all" if money is not an issue.

Well he didn’t say money isn’t an issue. He asked what you want to happen. Not what you want to happen in fantasy land.

Even in your fantasy land anyone who wants Drew to come back and doesn’t think Teddy or Taysom are the future would pick option 1 and hope that draft pick is the guy.

Well he didn’t say money isn’t an issue. He asked what you want to happen. Not what you want to happen in fantasy land.

Even in your fantasy land anyone who wants Drew to come back and doesn’t think Teddy or Taysom are the future would pick option 1 and hope that draft pick is the guy.

In "fantasy land" why would you give up your proven NFLQB and scrambling guy with some potential for no reason? If your rookie QB is good, he'll beat them both out.

In "fantasy land" why would you give up your proven NFLQB and scrambling guy with some potential for no reason? If your rookie QB is good, he'll beat them both out.

You aren't going to draft a QB if you're keeping 3. And the option that includes keeping all 3 doesn't have you drafting a QB either. The only option that includes keeping Drew and drafting a QB is option 1.

You aren't going to draft a QB if you're keeping 3. And the option that includes keeping all 3 doesn't have you drafting a QB either. The only option that includes keeping Drew and drafting a QB is option 1.

Bruh, don't tell me what I get to do in my fantasy land. I'll keep 12 quarterbacks if I want. My 4 QBs are already going to have to compete with Vince Young anyway.

Yep. If we're talking "want" then that's what I want.

And, realizing it's going to be a fantasy, in my dream Drew takes 20m/over 3 with 100% guaranteed and the third year automatically cancels.

Bruh, don't tell me what I get to do in my fantasy land. I'll keep 12 quarterbacks if I want. My 4 QBs are already going to have to compete with Vince Young anyway.

Sounds like you should select the “other” option.

I said other, I would like to get a pick for Taysom. I know that is not popular, but I’m not sure the other teams haven’t mostly figured him out.

A first round tender on Taysom and if some team wants to dance? That would get my attention. Pretty sure SP and ML would be all ears as well. Much would likely depend on that team's first round pick is. I mean, if its Cincinnati... I love you Taysom, but I'm on the other line with Burrow right now... cant talk. Gonna miss you. Who Dey!

I guess I really didnt mean total fantasy, or else it would be pretty unanimous. Was thinking along the lines of "all things considered", which would include the cap and all the effects each choice would have on the overall roster.

But heck, I wasnt specific enough, and you took advantage of it. That's what winners do. Good play.

I guess I really didnt mean total fantasy, or else it would be pretty unanimous. Was thinking along the lines of "all things considered", which would include the cap and all the effects each choice would have on the overall roster.

But heck, I wasnt specific enough, and you took advantage of it. That's what winners do. Good play.

LOL I was actually going to ask you to clarify but didn't want to jack your thread, and yet here we are. My bad.

In a real "all things considered" world I'd vote for keep Teddy and Taysom and let them battle it out. While I do think that Drew gives us the best chance to win next year, I don't think we have a real chance to win a chip with him, and I'd rather we just start looking toward the future now.

When Teddy wins the job, you have Taysom as a backup and of course maintaining his gadget player status. We have at worst an above average QB and potentially a top tier QB if he follows the same development curve under Payton that Brees did (his stats this year look a lot like 2006 Brees).

I just don't want to get on the quarterback roulette wheel. Saints fans take for granted that we have had good QB play for 13 years now. It's not something that you just pluck out of thin air - not even if you're Sean Payton. And it sucks that we're almost certain to have to drop a proven, above-average NFL starter because of timing and circumstance. There are only about 10 of those guys on the entire planet. We have two of them, and we can only keep 1. So it goes.

And of course bring VY in to compete as well.

Last edited:
LOL I was actually going to ask you to clarify but didn't want to jack your thread, and yet here we are. My bad.

In a real "all things considered" world I'd vote for keep Teddy and Taysom and let them battle it out. While I do think that Drew gives us the best chance to win next year, I don't think we have a real chance to win a chip with him, and I'd rather we just start looking toward the future now.

When Teddy wins the job, you have Taysom as a backup and of course maintaining his gadget player status. We have at worst an above average QB and potentially a top tier QB if he follows the same development curve under Payton that Brees did (his stats this year look a lot like 2006 Brees).

I just don't want to get on the quarterback roulette wheel. Saints fans take for granted that we have had good QB play for 13 years now. It's not something that you just pluck out of thin air - not even if you're Sean Payton. And it sucks that we're almost certain to have to drop a proven, above-average NFL starter because of timing and circumstance. There are only about 10 of those guys on the entire planet. We have two of them, and we can only keep 1. So it goes.

And of course bring VY in to compete as well.

All truth. Except VY... I'm sure by now he's past his prime. Please dont start a Vince Young vs Taysom thread.

And that's the crux of it. Would Teddy continue to develop? If so, and he's your guy, then how much is that worth. QB is the hardest position to find a quality player, and LT is a long distance 2nd. So in that case, do you keep all 3 and let other players go? SS's and RB's are a fine a dozen compared to QBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom