Poll Which (QB) Scenario Do You WANT To Happen? (1 Viewer)

Which (QB) Scenario Do You WANT To Happen?

• Drew signs, Teddy leaves, Taysom signs, Saints draft QB or pick up cheap vet

Votes: 118 59.6%
  • Drew signs, Teddy signs, Taysom signs

Votes: 41 20.7%
  • Drew retires, Teddy signs, Taysom signs, Saints draft QB or pick up cheap vet

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Drew retires, Teddy leaves, Taysom Signs, Saints draft QB AND pick up cheap vet

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Other (please post idea)

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
I chose other.

Pat Mahomes tears his rotator cuff next season and doctors give him a low probability of making a recovery. The Nick Saban-coached Bears pass on him in 2021 and he lands in NOLA to help heal a hurricane-ravaged city.

Multiple times Drew has expressed his willingness to share reps with Taysom. It almost seems like Drew is desiring the role as a Starter/coach for Taysom. I don't know personally but it seems like the two of them have developed a really good relationship to the point I wonder if Drew is willing to return only if Taysom is there.

I'm in on option one. For one, I think that SP is dedicated to seeing what he can do with Hill. Second, I like Teddy a lot and I think taking over for Brees would be hard on him from a fan perspective. I have already seen nonsensical comparisons to Aarron Brooks (and you really need to check your motives) and that would only get worse. Our expectation bar is set too high. Might be similar for Hill but he is enough of a different animal that the fans will give him a chance based on the fact that he brings some things to the table that only a few guys at the position do.

I am Saints fan first through and through. But I will pull for Teddy as long as he isn't in the NFC South or West.

I'm in on option one. For one, I think that SP is dedicated to seeing what he can do with Hill. Second, I like Teddy a lot and I think taking over for Brees would be hard on him from a fan perspective. I have already seen nonsensical comparisons to Aarron Brooks (and you really need to check your motives) and that would only get worse. Our expectation bar is set too high. Might be similar for Hill but he is enough of a different animal that the fans will give him a chance based on the fact that he brings some things to the table that only a few guys at the position do.

I am Saints fan first through and through. But I will pull for Teddy as long as he isn't in the NFC South or West.

Yeah, ultimately I think ownership and the coaching staff understand that they can't keep Teddy and Taysom. That would get incredibly toxic amongst the fan base, which is a shame.

I don't know what's going to happen but the market is not what a lot people thinks it will be. Indy, SD, Carolina, Tampa, Miami may all choose to go with a rook or the in house option, and I don't think Teddy is going sign with a team planning on bringing a youngster in the next year or two that's why he wanted to move on from the Jets. There's a very practical solution and it's hard for me to believe they're is just going to role the dice with this caliber team.

I chose other. Very close to #1 but I "want" to see Drew sign, Teddy leaves, Hill signs and we draft Burrow. Probably won't happen but I can dream. Brees and Hill play next year, Burrow gets a little play time second half of the regular season then the following year Burrows takes Brees' place and Hill continues to do what he does and they pick up a third string QB. Man, just typing this out makes it seem so simple. Wish life planning was this easy. Just type it up and 'CLICK', it's done!

We have Teddy In the building his heir apparent, let Drew Retire and go forward with Bridgewater.

I don't know what's going to happen but the market is not what a lot people thinks it will be. Indy, SD, Carolina, Tampa, Miami may all choose to go with a rook or the in house option, and I don't think Teddy is going sign with a team planning on bringing a youngster in the next year or two that's why he wanted to move on from the Jets. There's a very practical solution and it's hard for me to believe they're is just going to role the dice with this caliber team.

Best case scenario is Drew retires and Teddy takes over....worse case is Drew retires, Teddy signs elsewhere and we give the keys to Hill who has never lead an NFL offense for more than 1-2 plays a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom