Which QB You would like to see lead the Saints after Drew Brees is gone? (1 Viewer)

You think so? Father Time hasn’t forced him out yet. I could see him playing one more year but after that I see him leaving when we have to pay that legendary draft class of Lattimore Kamara and crew

I really do. Comfortable enough to guarantee it.
Not for his inability to play at the level he expects of himself...but his family.

Meh, is the OP saying we should stink up the joint so we can get a top 5 pick because at this point Burrow may go 1st overall. I don't think the coach and front office want to go backwards. The more practical route is go with our current number two and the search for the "ideal" successor in the 2-4th round ( maybe we can snag a late round sleeper like Lamar or Aaron) of the draft but I don't think anyone wants sacrifice being a regular playoff team just get a high pick.

A name some might not be familiar with but one I think would be a fantastic fit for Sean Payton's offense is Anthony Gordon from Washington State. And don't let the "Mike Leach Offense" fool you, kid has a legit NFL arm, and would probably be available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Burrows is not a possibility. Sorry...he’s going top 5. Tua isn’t a possibility either...he’s going top 5 also. I really don’t know what to think about the other QBs in the draft class.

Looks like a rehabbing Tua may be a nice 2nd or 3rd round project for a team like the Saints to invest.

I love Taysom...as a gadget QB. Who knows? Maybe behind the scenes he can read a defense and run through progressions, but I have yet to see it...and until I do I can’t call him a starter.

Burrows is not a possibility. Sorry...he’s going top 5. Tua isn’t a possibility either...he’s going top 5 also. I really don’t know what to think about the other QBs in the draft class.

I think that if Brees retires...you try to resign Teddy. If you can’t resign Teddy, you consider another veteran QB while drafting a hope & a prayer at QB in the middle rounds. I still love the tools of Lawrence in 2021. He hasn’t had a great year but neither did Burrow his sophomore season. Burrow is three years older than Lawrence and Lawrence undoubtedly has better tools.
To be fair, I think we have seen it in his limited action. Granted he’s only had a handful of pass attempts, but he never just gets the snap and lets it fly to his first read, regardless if he’s open or not. I’ve seen him scan the field. And if he doesn’t see anything open, he takes off running. Usually for a big gain.

The man crush on Taysom is strong , but I'd like to see him and Teddy fight it out in one more off-season. I just can't deny the spark that Taysom brings to the field every snap he gets.

Teddy made himself too expensive for us to keep. Unless drew retires after this season

I've started and participated in a few Joe Burrow threads and noticed that there is a mixed reaction concerning him. I would like to see where the majority of this board is as it relates to the next QB.

I didn't start a poll because there would be too many QBs to name. So I'm posing the questing: Who would you like to see as the next QB and why? Also it can't be any like Lamar Jackson who's on another team lol.

Personally i'm sold on Burrow due to his performance and how well he's performing in a modified version of the Saints offense. Also the connection between Payton and Brady is pretty cool.

My gut says Taysom will get the opportunity.

Heres what we know:

- Sean loves both Teddy and Taysom and has gone on record on multiple occasions that he sees future starter in both of them
- Teddy has made a market for himself after what he has shown this season.
- Drew looks to be as hungry and determined as ever, and we havent seen a decline or any reason to think he hangs them up this offseason.

From a money standpoint, it will be much easier to keep Taysom this offseason and either draft a late round or cheap free agent quarterback so he can continue his jack of all trades role.

He will be making good money, getting valuable time in the QB room behind the GOAT, and still receive relatively full playing time with how much we use him. He wont exactly be in a "hold the clipboard until you're ready" role.

I know there are some on here who question his ability to be that guy, but I honestly think hes shown that he deserves a chance. He's got a cannon, he's mobile, an athletic freak, and more importantly he's got the moxy and charisma you want out of a starting QB. He'll never be Drew, but no one will ever be able to do what he's done. Our offense would likely need to be retooled a bit to suit his strengths, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. It would keep Sean's creative wheels spinning.

No one is ever going to be able to come in and replicate what we are used to with Drew. With Taysom, you've got a fan favorite who creates excitement in different ways than we've grown accustomed to. He's got my vote at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom