Which QB You would like to see lead the Saints after Drew Brees is gone? (1 Viewer)

Drew retires -> Bridgewater, Taysom, draft a rookie
Drew re-signs -> Drew, Taysom, draft a rookie

Don't see a situation where a rookie starts for us. Don't know enough about the QBs that would be in our range. It might be 2021 before we get a good prospect.

Re-sign Bridgewater for around $16M and Brees cap hit is 16M. That is $32M for the Qb position, seems about league average.

TB takes over in 21.

Jake Fromm or Taysom.
The Saints draft position will probably afford them the option of picking Fromm. He’s a gutsy gamer/winner.

I’ve seen every game Fromm has played at UGA, and while you’re correct that he’s “gutsy”, he’s nothing more than a game manager college QB. He doesn’t have a NFL arm, and he’s NEVER won a game where he’s thrown for 30 or more attempts. Georgia has always relied on their stable of blue-chip RBs to carry their offense. Fromm is not a starting-caliber QB prospect for the NFL. He’s Steve Walsh.

Jamie Newman - Wake Forest.

Legit arm, makes good decisions and could develop quickly at the next level.

This question sucks lol cause from what I have seen out of Burrow, Cincinnati will already have is name down on the draft card before the season is over.... Tua will be gone before the 10th picks is made... Haven't seen enough of the others to make a choice, other than I don't think Fromm is the guy we want... Problem with this year not many good teams playing each other so most of what we seeing is throws to wide open WRs...

Meh, is the OP saying we should stink up the joint so we can get a top 5 pick because at this point Burrow may go 1st overall. I don't think the coach and front office want to go backwards. The more practical route is go with our current number two and the search for the "ideal" successor in the 2-4th round ( maybe we can snag a late round sleeper like Lamar or Aaron) of the draft but I don't think anyone wants sacrifice being a regular playoff team just get a high pick.
Not at all am I suggesting that we suck to get Burrow. What I would suggest is opening up our draft book to get him if he makes it the Bengals.

Not at all am I suggesting that we suck to get Burrow. What I would suggest is opening up our draft book to get him if he makes it the Bengals.
We don't have that type of ammo to move up to #1

History says we probably at least make it to the divisional round this year.

That means we are picking late 20s at best and could easily be the 26th or 27th pick even if we lose in the playoffs early. It'd take two drafts worth of picks to get to #1 and even then, the other team might simply want Burrow more.

The realistic option is to re-sign Bridgewater to a deal that lets us bail after two years (like Kirk Cousins' deal was setup) and the draft someone in the late 1st or 2nd round as a project. Then see how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom