Which RB would you draft in the mid rounds? (2 Viewers)

Which RB would you draft?

• Jeremy McNichols

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Kareem Hunt

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Matt Dayes

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Elijah McGuire

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Donell Pumphrey

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Elijah McGuire. This kid is the all around back. IMHO this kid could be the next Pierre Thomas or even better. Even banged up this year he put 1127 yds/7 TD rushing and 238 yds/2 TD receiving. He can also contributed the the Return Game.

For his career he posted 4312 yds/42 TD rushing and 1383 yds/10 TD receiving.

My favorite is McNichols. I just think he's the closest thing to a James White/Dion Lewis type weapon. Can line up anywhere and run any route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Pumphrey a lot, he reminds me of Tyreek Hill. However, I think he goes too early for us.

Mixon is someone to avoid.

Elijah McGuire. This kid is the all around back. IMHO this kid could be the next Pierre Thomas or even better. Even banged up this year he put 1127 yds/7 TD rushing and 238 yds/2 TD receiving. He can also contributed the the Return Game.

For his career he posted 4312 yds/42 TD rushing and 1383 yds/10 TD receiving.
That's the kid from UL Lafayette right? Iirc, he was tearing it up in the east west shrine game. Could be what Cadet was supposed to be, only shiftier.

Fixed: I Realized what I had originally typed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I already posted this the draft thread, but I'll re-post here (for those that don't want to ready 50+ pages of draft thread).

This came out in the news yesterday. Elijah McGuire is getting more hype. I'd hoped to nab him in the sixth, but don't think that'll be possible anymore.

For some reason, I think of Pierre Thomas when I watch this guy. There's just something about the way he jukes, how natural he catches, how fluid he runs. Low balance. Reminds me of Pierre Thomas. Seems to be going faster than anyone realizes. Natural.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-sc...na-lafayette-running-back-elijah-mcguire-2017

The productive UL Lafayette running back could be the most complete player at his position in the 2017 NFL Draft.

There will be no shortage of high-quality running backs available in the 2017 NFL Draft. That said, only a handful of them excel as both a runner and receiver out of the backfield. An even smaller number were the focal point of their team's respective offenses.

UL Lafayette running back Elijah McGuire is one such player – and has been for the duration of his collegiate career.

The 5-foot-9, 210-pound offensive dynamo was a four-year starter for the Ragin' Cajuns, piling up 4,312 yards and 42 touchdowns on the ground along with 1,383 receiving yards 10 more scores.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tU5S8MzapD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He has the patience of Le'Veon Bell, the fluidity of Matt Forte and the build and agility of Doug Martin. Quite simply &#8211; he's the total package for any team looking for a three-down back they can depend on for the next 6-8 years.

At the NFL Scouting Combine, keep an eye on how he fares in comparison to some similar backs &#8211; guys like Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara and Corey Clement &#8211; that had the luxury of playing at higher-profile programs and subsequently becoming higher-profile prospects. Because of the depth at the position, McGuire holding his own in workouts with those players won't necessarily boost his draft stock. It will, however, make him a target of value in the later rounds for teams that decide to address other needs with their earlier picks.

Those types of scenarios often lead to quality players landing with quality teams &#8211; even contenders &#8211; and having their careers flourish due to better situations than their peers.

If your team needs help at the running back spot, you'll want to keep a close eye on McGuire's Combine performance as well as any subsequent movement in the mock drafts that follow. He's currently projected to go late &#8211; likely in the fifth or sixth round. I expect that to change after the Combine.

Mixon is a good question to have.

Can we really trust the guy to stay cool? I think he is worth an interview and we will see from there.

No clue at what round he can go, but without the issues he should be a second rounder.

He's been in trouble since he punched that girl. And by the way, anyone who says it felt like a grown man had punched him hard, when referring to her little half slap to his neck/face area, is a liar and a coward.

He's been in trouble since he punched that girl. And by the way, anyone who says it felt like a grown man had punched him hard, when referring to her little half slap to his neck/face area, is a liar and a coward.

Anger is a powerful emotion. It's not an excuse for Mixon, but I see comments like this and I guess I'm more flawed than average. I've wanted to punch somebody who got in my face, breath all foul calling me and my mother all sorts of names. I wanted to scatter their yuck mouth teeth to the winds. And let alone if they'd actually slapped me.

That was just some customer in my line upset about coupons or something. So I had extra incentive to not get violent.

Put this on the streets, change the argument to something more personal? Hard to put myself ahead morally.

Actions have consequences though. He'll be watched and heavily scrutinized the rest of his career.

As for drafting him, he's worth a look. A serious one.

Me? I'd rather Marlon Mack.

I already posted this the draft thread, but I'll re-post here (for those that don't want to ready 50+ pages of draft thread).

This came out in the news yesterday. Elijah McGuire is getting more hype. I'd hoped to nab him in the sixth, but don't think that'll be possible anymore.

For some reason, I think of Pierre Thomas when I watch this guy. There's just something about the way he jukes, how natural he catches, how fluid he runs. Low balance. Reminds me of Pierre Thomas. Seems to be going faster than anyone realizes. Natural.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-sc...na-lafayette-running-back-elijah-mcguire-2017
The best thing about this guy is he will not project the play, like in PT's last few years here. He can run between the tackles effectively. I know it isn't a need, but taking him in the 4th after trading down or trading up from the 6th, I wouldn't mind.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If we can some how steal Christian Mccaffrey in the later rounds he'd compliment our receivers dangerously well. Mike,Cooks,Snead, Christian. Pick your poison lol.

Bold prediction: Mixon will be gone by end of the 2nd round. He is that talented and some team will overlook his issues. I am worried is going to be someone like the Patriots.

What's wrong with Lasco? Thought he was that type of back?

What's wrong with Lasco? Thought he was that type of back?

Maybe he can be. I really don't know. I'd like to see him get a shot at it. Not sure how good of a receiver or route runner he is.

Maybe he can be. I really don't know. I'd like to see him get a shot at it. Not sure how good of a receiver or route runner he is.

Lasco should easily upgrade Cadet. If not, we don't need him.

What we really need is a Tyreek Hill type RB/WR. We have no one even close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom