Which remaining free agent do you believe we have a realistic shot at signing? (1 Viewer)

Saints cut a 5th string CB and rotational DE (P-Rob and Edwards Jr.) post June 1 to create 12-14M total cap space to sign Griffen to a 7-9M 1 year rental.

Or, should Kwon Alexander gets cut, then LB is my choice.

I would be ok with Griffen on a 1 year deal for 7-8 mil....

It's too bad we couldn't get anything for Warford....:)

I’m still hoping we can sign Eli Apple to battle Janoris Jenkins for that 2nd corner spot, but more than likely just be our top backup for both Latt & Jack Rabbit. If we could have him backup the outside, PJ & CGJ occupy the inside, and have PRob be the emergency guy behind those 5 guys would be ideal

I’d have to say a vet LB to play special teams and fill in if somebody goes down, which seems to be a trend here. I’d like Ogletree and maybe an insurance DB like apple to play the outside If need be

Some might not think its a flashy signing but Stephone Anthony could be had on the cheap.
He was here last season in that role and is available.

Logan Ryan is the needed addition.
Griffin would be excellent as a pass rusher opposite of Cam, one like we haven't had before. Pressure coming from both sides of the ball would be explosive.
I will not count out pressure from Zack Baun until he proves he's not an NFL Edge player. Baun could surprise a lot of people. He did it at a high level in college. Looked to be a TJ Watt type of player.

Logan Ryan fits us nearly perfectly. Can lock down the slot, or kick outside. Can blitz and tackle well. Smart player. Just a shame that he likely prices himself out of our range. Plenty of other teams have the need and better cash to offer.

I like Logan Ryan, but he’s a slot corner. If you sign him he’s only coming to be your starter or first slot guy. He is better in the slot and will want to be either the starter or the 3rd corner. So that would possibly stunt CGJ’s growth as he would be move to dime, backup nickel, and backup safety. He wouldn’t see as much time on the field as I would like to see. Then PJ would probably split time with CGJ as your dime corner and possibly be your emergency boundary corner.

I’m not so sure with a year under his belt that CGJ won’t be one of the top slot corners in the league with his potential. This kid has some serious potential and I don’t want him not getting the playing time he needs to reach those heights. I like PJ to split time there and be our dime corner. If something happens to either of them you have PRob as well. If we didn’t bring back PJ then yes it would make a lot of sense cause then he could backup the boundary and be your primary slot guy.

Now if something happens to Latt or Jack Rabbit then PJ or PRob is going to have to be our starter cause I don’t see CGJ playing there. Eli Apple makes way more sense if we were to bring in a corner. We need to bring in someone that can really only play the boundary like Eli. Plus he’s already familiar with the system and that may be more important than anything with this crazy offseason.

Last edited:
Some might not think its a flashy signing but Stephone Anthony could be had on the cheap.
He was here last season in that role and is available.
I’m not a Steph anthony hater like a lot are on here. As much as I’d rather have Ogletree because he’s an obvious upgrade, I wouldn’t be mad if we brought him back. Good character guy, knows the system and he had over 100 tackles his rookie year on a terrible defense. We’ve had worse

I’m not a Steph anthony hater like a lot are on here. As much as I’d rather have Ogletree because he’s an obvious upgrade, I wouldn’t be mad if we brought him back. Good character guy, knows the system and he had over 100 tackles his rookie year on a terrible defense. We’ve had worse
At this point, he is a special teamer.

Griffin (Post June 1 cuts to P-Rob and Edwards Jr. to create 12-13M...Subtracting from Rookie signings = 8-10M).

Olgetree

Logan Ryan

Give me Olgetree and 1 of the 2 above.

At this point, he is a special teamer.
Yeah for sure, but at this point there aren’t a lot of options left to bring depth to the LB group. Like boo bird said, If we don’t end up getting Ogletree I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back for cheap in the same role he was in last year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom