Which Safety Would You Prefer in the Current Defense? Prime Sammy Knight or Prime Malcolm Jenkins (1 Viewer)

MJ is a better overall player now than during his first stint here, when he had three DC’s in five years.

Knight had a nose for the football like few we’ve seen in the black and gold. Sharper had one great season, but Knight did it over the course of five seasons and should’t have ever been allowed out the building. The choice here is Sammy!

Sammy was a turnover machine. A true LB playing SS. Great football player and my choice given him or MJ before he hit his all pro form in Philadelphia.

Current defense (and versus current NFL offenses) it’s Jenkins by a mile. Knight’s sense for the ball was great, but the game has changed so much and he doesn’t have anywhere near the coverage ability of Jenkins.

Even in today's pass happy league I'd take Sammy Knight. He would find a way to get that ball. Some guys just have that next level instinct for the game. They are able to slow everything down and see what is about to happen and then make a play on the ball.

Sammy's last season as a starter came in 2007 for Jacksonville. At 32 years old he was able to get 4 Ints, force a fumble, and rack up 93 tackles. I think he'd be just fine in the modern game.

Sammy Knight all day. He was always around the ball. Plus he could lay the lumber on you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom