Which Safety Would You Prefer in the Current Defense? Prime Sammy Knight or Prime Malcolm Jenkins (1 Viewer)

keep sammy, i'd take Gene Atkins, ,. or.. dave Waymer.. we tried to sneak him back thru wavers to come back from IR, and San Fran snatched him. recall him knocking out players going across the middle.

I have fond memories of Sammy Knight. If this were the NFL as it existed 3 or 4 decades ago, I’d choose him over Jenkins (but only at SS).

But in today’s NFL we need flexible players at the Safety position who can play single-high, can cover the slot, and can also match up with guys like George Kittle and Travis Kelce and have a chance.

Give me Jenkins.

Last edited:
Sammy Knight is one of my all time favorite Saints players. He is actually one of the reasons I became an enduring Saints fan, during the Haslett era. I just loved to watch him play. So he's it for me.

Prime Malcolm Jenkins played for the Eagles... and helped them win a SuperBowl. Jenkins was a key piece and playmaker for Philly. Sammy Knight wouldn’t cut it in the modern game IMO.

Darren Sharper, the hardest hitting safety in the league.. lol what madden video is that from again?

Darren Sharper, the hardest hitting safety in the league.. lol what madden video is that from again?

Darren Sharper (the player) was probably the best all around Safety the Saints have ever had. That ‘09 season for him was crazy awesome. While he wasn’t known as a big hitter, he laid the wood quite a bit. It’s too bad he turned out to be a bad guy

one thing i did love about sammy, he had a knack for an end of game turnover to seal a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom