Which Saint made the most progress? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Curious as to which Saint’s player has the most growth as a football player over their tenure here in NOLA. Was thinking about this because I saw Tre’Quan Smiths numbers and was wondering if he has enough to make a nice jump in production or if he may just be another guy who doesn’t make a leap for us.

So who really made great progress with us?

Who has made the most progress to this point (ie, WAY outperformed expectations from when we got them):
AK, Lutz, Armstead, Demario

Who can make the most progress this year:
CGJ, DHarris (as a receiver), MWilliams

I know Cam Jordan was a first round pick and expectations are already high for first round picks but he's has gone above and beyond anything I could've hoped for when he was drafted. He's one of the most complete DEs I have ever seen. Not just for the Saints but in general.

Another would be Mark Ingram. He totally changed his body and game to better fit SP's offense. He could've easily told himself that it wasn't his fault, it was how he was being used. After all he was a wildy successful Heisman winning first round pick. He could've gone the Trent Richardson route and said I'm just gonna do me. Instead he worked hard and turned himself into one of the best backs in the league.

Who has made the most progress to this point (ie, WAY outperformed expectations from when we got them):
AK, Lutz, Armstead, Demario

Who can make the most progress this year:
CGJ, DHarris (as a receiver), MWilliams

I agree with everyone except DDavis he been a animal out there, just needed to be around better talent and proper usage.

I think it maybe time to recognize TQS as a player drafted with talent just the talent didn't translate on the field.

Curious as to which Saint’s player has the most growth as a football player over their tenure here in NOLA. Was thinking about this because I saw Tre’Quan Smiths numbers and was wondering if he has enough to make a nice jump in production or if he may just be another guy who doesn’t make a leap for us.

Ryan Ramc

Ryan Ramczyk may be the best right tackle in the game.

I think it maybe time to recognize TQS as a player drafted with talent just the talent didn't translate on the field.
Smith will be fine , this may be his breakout year not saying he’s going to get 80 catches but 40-50 catches 700 yards 7-10 Touchdowns I can see happening. He’s the starting slot receiver and the only person taking snaps away would be Taysom.

Ryan Ramc

Ryan Ramczyk may be the best right tackle in the game.

Very true he is legit. I think I see it as he looked legit right away. From season 1 he appeared to be a stud. You’re right though, he’s still much improved.

I guess I’m looking for a guy we almost wrote off and then went out and proved us wrong and feasted.

Someone earlier said Mark Ingram, and I know many of us wrote him off and it’s true he didn’t look good for us for a couple years. Later, he showed he could be a real nice allaround RB

I'm hoping for Davenport this year if he can stay healthy. He was showing progress last year until he got hurt.

I agree. Usually you will have some plays that jump off the screen. I haven't seen plays like that with TreQuan.

I subscribe to your evaluation. I hope everyone who doubts him is wrong, including me, but to date he has disappointed as a 3rd round draft choice. Injuries have certainly slowed him down, but when he has been on the field it just seems he does not get separation and also seems to be unsure of his routes, sometimes IMO not being explosive out of his cuts. This has to be the year it all comes together and if it doesn't I don't see him in a Saints uniform next year!

Those of you that have been around for a while probably remember those Ingram vs Ivory or Ingram vs Khiry threads. Man those were brutal. Ingram clawed for everything he got here and became a fan favorite, and never had to deal with Ingram vs AK threads because both were so deadly in the run game and complimented each other so well. My vote is definitely for Ingram and I really miss the dude in B&G

While very possible, let's not count him out yet. There are many, many receivers that make that jump in their 3rd year.

Its all mental with TQS, he just needs to refine his technique and gain some confidence. We don't need him to be a #1. We just need him to be productive.

I know Cam Jordan was a first round pick and expectations are already high for first round picks but he's has gone above and beyond anything I could've hoped for when he was drafted. He's one of the most complete DEs I have ever seen. Not just for the Saints but in general.

Can’t Guard Mike is another that might get overlooked because he was a first. Obviously we saw something others didn’t but we could not have seen a guy whose hunger to be the best could push him into conversations about receivers in rare air so fast. I mean he hit the ground as an elite receiver and has actually improved on that each year. It’s stunning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom