Which Saints Corner back from the Past would you like on this saints team (1 Viewer)

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I really Like the, which player from saints past who played at xxx Position would you want on this team. They seem like a fun way to past the time during this Time. So mine for Saints report which CB from saints past would you want on this team.

Heres a few options off the top of my head

1. Jabari Greer
2. Mike McKenzie
3. Tracy Porter
4. Keenan Lewis
5. Eric Allen

Keenan Lewis (from O.Perry Walker - Go Chargers!).

Just such a crime hat he was not able to recover from that leg/hip injury. He was a special player (Deion Sanders called him the best shutdown corner in the league) and was rising to stardom when it happened. Without that injury happening, he'd likely still be starting for us and would have kept the Minnesota disaster from happening because he would have made that play.

Keenan Lewis (from O.Perry Walker - Go Chargers!).

Just such a crime hat he was not able to recover from that leg/hip injury. He was a special player (Deion Sanders called him the best shutdown corner in the league) and was rising to stardom when it happened. Without that injury happening, he'd likely still be starting for us and would have kept the Minnesota disaster from happening because he would have made that play.
At heart, he was a true who dat like us.

Outside of Keenan and a few others, I would pick Fakir Brown.

I really Like the, which player from saints past who played at xxx Position would you want on this team. They seem like a fun way to past the time during this Time. So mine for Saints report which CB from saints past would you want on this team.

Heres a few options off the top of my head

1. Jabari Greer
2. Mike McKenzie
3. Tracy Porter
4. Keenan Lewis
5. Eric Allen
Give me Mike Mckenzie,, Keenan Lewis Brett Maxie , and i would take Gene Atkins at safety

These threads are interesting, but recency bias seems to prevail. While the Saints didn't have great teams in the early days, they did have some incredible players.

Dave Whitsell is the easy answer here. His career stats (161 games, 46 interceptions, 662 interception return yards for 4 TDs, 9 fumble recoveries) only tell part of the story. He was a leader on a young expansion team that needed it. The thing about Whitsell thats really fun is that he was really good throughout his career, no matter age, or who he played for. He played with us the last 3 years of his career and had 19 interceptions in that period. He was in his young to almost mid 30's at the time, and started 39 of his 42 games with the team. The guy was skilled, a leader, durable and made plays.

These threads are interesting, but recency bias seems to prevail. While the Saints didn't have great teams in the early days, they did have some incredible players.

Dave Whitsell is the easy answer here. His career stats (161 games, 46 interceptions, 662 interception return yards for 4 TDs, 9 fumble recoveries) only tell part of the story. He was a leader on a young expansion team that needed it. The thing about Whitsell thats really fun is that he was really good throughout his career, no matter age, or who he played for. He played with us the last 3 years of his career and had 19 interceptions in that period. He was in his young to almost mid 30's at the time, and started 39 of his 42 games with the team. The guy was skilled, a leader, durable and made plays.
I agree about bias but i think thats what makes them fun, you kind of get to here about older players from older fans too. Im 32 i watch games since 16 which was 16 years ago in 2004, which is half my life lol. Yeah i know about archie but thought it was cool hearing about dave whitsell i never heard of him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom