Which Saints DL will have the most SACKS in 2011-2012? (1 Viewer)

Which Saints DLineman will be credited with the most Sacks this football season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
15 votes so far, 60% Will Smith.

Hm, ok but missing 4 games it will be tough to catch the others
and get up to playing speed where everyone else is 4 games ahead.
Granted your fresh, but -- that is 25% of the season missed.

If he doesn't serve the 4 games, but choice would be Will Smith.

Smith will miss four games and still get double digit sacks. I don't think that any other Saint will come close to that. The next guy on the list would be Ellis...but the truth is that I could see either Castillas or Harper getting more.

Smith will miss four games and still get double digit sacks. I don't think that any other Saint will come close to that. The next guy on the list would be Ellis...but the truth is that I could see either Castillas or Harper getting more.

Interesting Opinion.

No other Saint besides Smith will come close to double digit sacks,
in-which Smith would be the team leader in sacks, despite missing 1/4 of the season.

:scratch:

I doubt Ellis or Jordan will get more than 6-7 sacks

Smith playing up to his potential should be able to top that in 12 games

Ellis had 6 sacks last year playing next to Remi Ayodele and playing some Nose tackle.

Next to Rogers or Franklin? That number is likely to increase, barring injury.

Ellis had 6 sacks last year playing next to Remi Ayodele and playing some Nose tackle.

Next to Rogers or Franklin? That number is likely to increase, barring injury.

then again he may not be on the field as much so the numbers could even out back to around 6 sacks

then again he may not be on the field as much so the numbers could even out back to around 6 sacks

Or conversely if he is healthy and getting after the QB he would
be ideal to utilize during passing downs, which would likely tally more sacks.

Franklin/Rogers on running downs. Ellis rotating out of the running plays, just keeps him fresh for the passing downs.

Your right the sack totals are likely to be spread out, since we have more quality guys like Rogers, and Jordan-- but I still look for Ellis to have a monster year. He's never had the luxury of playing next to a top tier NT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom