Which Saints FULLBACK From The Past Would You Insert into the Current Offense? (1 Viewer)

I’d probably go with Heath Evans as #2 behind Neal... and 3rd might be to have Zach Line back.

I was always fond of Buford Jordan and Moran Norris too.

So much agility for a fullback. He would be my choice too. Not to mention the loyalty.

I'm excited to see what Michael Burton can do. His draft profile describes him as an elusive H back who will have to rely on his ability as a receiver out of the backfield.

His problem was supposed to be that he wouldn't be able to get snaps at FB due to his (lack of) ability as a blocker, and would be limited to that H back role.

Now that Burton has proven to be able to block, can Payton unlock some of that receiving ability he showed in college?

Last edited:
Conversely, he had only 5 tds in his best season. He was a straight ahead guy with no value running anywhere else but between the tackles. He's a guy, like Manning, whose legend is greater than his actual career.
He averaged a TD every 20 carries. Only a few backs with over a hundred carries in a season have had 6 yards per carry. You can't say that of any other fullback. I'm not sure what you're expecting with a fullback. Good blocking, power running . Have we had any other fb since then average 6 yards per carry? Only Kamara who is a RB. Hokie had two knee injuries which was his downfall. Players didn't recover like they do now. Ironhead's best season TD wise was a TD every 26 carries.

I searched youtube and could find nothing of Neals run where he was gang tackled and came out of the middle of the pile. Against the Falcons iirc but I may very well not.

I never considered Ironhead as a full-back.

this is the main problem with Ironhead. Truth is, I don’t think he considered himself one either and that is a problem on assignments. I did love Ironhead though. I talked to him a couple of times at Belle Terre country club. Just a big lovable goofball. Probably the worst golfer I ever saw

This answer has to be Neal.

My answer is none, because SP wouldn't use them enough to be a factor....

He averaged a TD every 20 carries. Only a few backs with over a hundred carries in a season have had 6 yards per carry. You can't say that of any other fullback. I'm not sure what you're expecting with a fullback. Good blocking, power running . Have we had any other fb since then average 6 yards per carry? Only Kamara who is a RB. Hokie had two knee injuries which was his downfall. Players didn't recover like they do now. Ironhead's best season TD wise was a TD every 26 carries.

And half as many fumbles as touchdowns.

And half as many fumbles as touchdowns.
you're trying to bring up 6 fumbles.....During his best season he had 0.

And that's to be expected with any physical runner that has a decent amount of carries. It's the same with Ironhead with 16 fumbles and 34 TDs. Lorenzo Neal 9 fumbles 6 TDs. Deuce was a physical runner 49 rushing TDs, 20 fumbles. Sounds like you don't like Gajan for a different reason so you're reaching.

Earl Campbell 74 tds 43 fumbles
Walter Payton 125 TDs 86 fumbles

There's only a few power runners that have way more than double the TDs as fumbles like Jim Brown and John Riggins and if you're mad Gajan doesn't compare to them then you're being ridiculous. We're talking about the best Saints fullback, not even the best Saints runningback.

you're trying to bring up 6 fumbles.....During his best season he had 0.

And that's to be expected with any physical runner that has a decent amount of carries. It's the same with Ironhead with 16 fumbles and 34 TDs. Lorenzo Neal 9 fumbles 6 TDs. Deuce was a physical runner 49 rushing TDs, 20 fumbles. Sounds like you don't like Gajan for a different reason so you're reaching.

Earl Campbell 74 tds 43 fumbles
Walter Payton 125 TDs 86 fumbles

There's only a few power runners that have way more than double the TDs as fumbles like Jim Brown and John Riggins and if you're mad Gajan doesn't compare to them then you're being ridiculous. We're talking about the best Saints fullback, not even the best Saints runningback.

I'm not mad at all. The question was about fullbacks and I don't think Gajan is the best fb in Saints' history. I'd rather Heath Allen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom