Which Saints player is the biggest surprise? (1 Viewer)

Which player has surprised you the most this season?

• J Evans

Votes: 49 20.6%
  • Hightower

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Lutz

Votes: 68 28.6%
  • M Thomas

Votes: 80 33.6%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.4%

• Total voters
It's Fairley, for me. With his reputation for being lazy and inconsistent, I didn't expect he would be the every-down force he has been. Others would be Mike Thomas, Stupar, Robertson, Crawley. And Kuhn too, considering he was not signed by anybody else you might have thought he was washed up but that's been far from true.

I would say the biggest surprise by far is Nate Stupar ... and I'll admit that I wasn't really happy about this FA pickup ... just thought of him as a decent backup LB with good presence in special teams plays but he is doing great and I am more than happy to eat the crow ...

But the problem with the running game is the OL. Not any of the RBs.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I dunno - the only change yesterday was going from MI to Timmey!

Saints garnered 123 rushing yds (102 for Timmey) against a Defense that yields only 90 yds per game average!

Seems like the OL did pretty pretty good.

I voted Evans.

Lutz: Considering our kicking game over the past decade, I had no real expectations one way or the other.

Michael Thomas: In preseason I could tell he was going to be special

Hightower: We saw what he could do last year

Evans: I honestly figured he would just wind up cut again. Had no expectations of him playing, much less contributing. Very nice surprise

Nate Stupar. I thought that he came in for special teams only. But he has proven to be a pretty decent linebacker.

Of the players we had in camp only, maybe Crawley, none of the rest surprised me.

Peat got so much flack from the board. You absolutely have to love his progression as a player. His run blocking ability is raw power, but once he gets technique down he will be a road grader.

I voted Evans.

Lutz: Considering our kicking game over the past decade, I had no real expectations one way or the other.

Michael Thomas: In preseason I could tell he was going to be special

Hightower: We saw what he could do last year

Evans: I honestly figured he would just wind up cut again. Had no expectations of him playing, much less contributing. Very nice surprise

I too voted Evans. Thought he was done when the Seahawks cut him. But I was wrong

I didn't consider putting Kuhn on the list - mainly because we all knew he was a stud and surprised that GB cut him

Sterling Moore. Dude came off the street and did great work on Julio and OBJ.

Lutz - Easily the biggest surprise. We had never heard of him until week 1, and most of us were wondering what coach was thinking when he was signed.

Thomas isn't really a surprise to me. Reading this board, everyone expected him to perform really well. Maybe not this well, be we were expecting big things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom