Which Saints WR from the Past Would You Insert into the Teams Current Offense (2 Viewers)

on this team Joe Horn, only because michael thomas and colston play similiar roles
Agreed. Joe Horn would bring something to the table we currently don't really have on offense at the Receiver position. Colston and thomas are pretty much the same type of player.

Eric Martin. Good hands, huge wingspan, abused DB's, got a lot of YAC. Runnerup: Joe Horn, because he ran great patterns.

Fast guys like Devery, Cooks, and Chandler would be wasted on Pappaw. Mike, Sanders, and Cook are perfect for Drew, and Martin would be the icing on the cake.

Joe Horn
or
Marques Colston

Also, both guys are in the prime years of their career. So, who ya got?Capture.PNG

Colston without a doubt

Just imagine having CGM and Colston on opposite sides of each other.

Especially being how you cant double both of them. You get either CGM or Colston in single coverage and they are open before the ball is even snapped.

We would def have the best redzone offense in the league.

Wes Chandler. He caught 559 passes for 8,966 yards and 56 touchdowns and averaged 16 ypc in 11 years in the league. In 1982 (the strike year) in 8 games he averaged 129 ypg and scored 9 td's . This man was insane and I think he would have been a great fit in our current system.

None other than Keith Poole... Nuff Said! I always liked the gold numbers on the white jersey too.

Attachments

• 86f348a29f83073db2990092b5c4ddae.jpg
    86f348a29f83073db2990092b5c4ddae.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 51a-lRhnd6L._SY445_.jpg
    51a-lRhnd6L._SY445_.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
Eric Martin or Lance Moore. Someone who could play the slot and catch everything thrown their way.

Out of those two I’d take Horn because like someone else said MY and Colston are used the same on the edge and moved into the slot. I think Horn played mostly on the outside which would allow MT to move to the slot.

I don't think Horn's mouth or attitude would sit well with the new regime for very long.

Definitely Lance Moore. We haven't had a good slot guy in a lot of years, and Moore fills that role better than anyone in recent memory. Colston is a possession guy, but that role is filled already with Thomas...and he's better at it. Henderson or Cooks would be awesome, if we had a QB that could get the ball downfield to them, but I think they'd be a waste with Brees under center. The deep ball just isn't there any more. Yeah...give me elmo.

Colston, without question and it's not close. I know he is a "possession receiver" (whatever that means), but could you imagine defenses having to cover both MT and Colston? They can't double both of them....

Eric Martin is another one.

Oh yeah, Big Play Willie J! Willie Jackson would be awesome in this offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom