Which Saints WR from the Past Would You Insert into the Teams Current Offense (2 Viewers)

Brett Perriman was burner and he was a very good complimentary WR. 4.3’s in the 40 coming into the league back in the day.

We’ve reached the “mention a name of some random guy you vaguely remember from three decades ago” stage of the thread.

I’d like to offer Marcus Dowdell and Wesley Carroll for everyone’s consideration.

Would have to be Colston, Brees has already shown he has a dynamic connection with him for 8+ years, he would trust him with seam throws where the throwing window would only be about a Mailbox chutes worth of space to fit the football through.

Brees only played with Horn for just barely over half a seasons worth of games, and I just don't think two Alphas like Hollywood and Mike Thomas would mesh very well... I would assume halfway through the season even if we would be 8-0 Hollywood would blow up over wanting more targets his way...

There would be none of those worries with Colston.. he was just a bring your lunch-pale to work kind of guy, who was very team first oriented..

So many people here are underestimating what Colston brought to the table. He was arguably the prototype for big, smart, and physical wide receivers (aka Megatron, Dez, etc). Some people would probably say Harold Carmichael was this; but since no one tried to imitate him in his day hard to say he was a "prototype".

I remember Colston going up to catch balls with his 6'5 frame and coming down on top of small little cornerbacks - absolutely flattening them! In his prime, he was probably the most punishing player in history ATC at a position that has simply not been known for having the word "punishing" associated with it. And he did it for so many years without serious injury.

CGM would fit well on the other side with his elusive skills and hands of flypaper. I wish Colston could still come back and work as a coach for some of the bigger wide recievers we recently have looked at but didn't work out.

Last edited:
Everyone trying to be cute and contrarian saying Lance Moore (lol) or a bunch of old timers from back when the forward pass was considered a trick play. Eric Martin is like a homeless man's version of Marques Colston. Quinn Early.. GTFO. Lance Moore was outperformed every season by Colston, by a large margin, when they played together. Those are all joke answers.

Colston and Horn were the two best WRs we've ever had and it's not even close. There should be no other names even mentioned. For this particular question, probably Colston, because Horn's speed and deep ball threat would largely go wasted in our current offense, where Colston's skills would not.
Bruh, get a grip!

Do you know of Wes Chandler and how good he was with the Saints? Were you born yet? He only got better when he went the Chargers, with Fouts and co. I know you have discredited some WR’s that have played with the Saints since the 80’s and later. But you had not yet discredited any WR’s from earlier. Want to take a shot at Wes? I am providing the bait! ? Wes only played for the Saints for a few years, but while he was here, he was the most dynamic WR I have witnessed, that played for the Saints. To me, there was no other more dangerous WR that played for the Saints except of course, CGM.

Wes Chandler! You need to look that dude up if you’re not old enough to have seen him play...

Bruh, get a grip!

Do you know of Wes Chandler and how good he was with the Saints? Were you born yet? He only got better when he went the Chargers, with Fouts and co. I know you have discredited some WR’s that have played with the Saints since the 80’s and later. But you had not yet discredited any WR’s from earlier. Want to take a shot at Wes? I am providing the bait! ? Wes only played for the Saints for a few years, but while he was here, he was the most dynamic WR I have witnessed, that played for the Saints. To me, there was no other more dangerous WR that played for the Saints except of course, CGM.

:00000654:

Anyone selecting a WR that is NOT named Wes Chandler... is giving away their age (as being too young to know about him).

In his prime, Chandler was UNguardable in single coverage!

:gosaints:

Colston in this offense. Need the hands and the fearlessness in traffic.

2nd choice Jubilee Dunbar because I have a mission to make sure he gets mentioned in any Saints history WR thread.

Eric Martin would work. Colston, CGM, and Martin are all clones.

Except for one season, Wes Chandler was underutilized and pulled a Brandin Cooks to piss of the coaches and get traded. Great talent, wasted, but not the receiver needed in this offense.

No to Joe Horn because Sean didn't like him and would never take him back if he were still at a point in his career he could play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom