Which Saints WR from the Past Would You Insert into the Teams Current Offense (1 Viewer)

Colston. Colston and Sanders on the outside, with MT in the slot. Unstoppable. ?
It would be stoppable if the pass-rush is in Brees' face before he is ready to pass. That's what defenses would do (and are doing).

The obvious choice is Joe Horn but what if you threw a prime Jimmy Graham into this mix? Is that crazy talk or genius?

Only WR bro.

Bro he went to court to prove that he was a WR. He was used as a WR most of the time. I don't see why we can't just throw him in there.

If it's a no go on Jimmy then it's gotta be Horn. All due respect to the great #12 but Joe could do it all. And besides, it's like we have #12 on steroids already with MT.

Eric Martin
Exactly who I was gonna say as you can tell the majority weren’t around in Martins hey day. He had joe blow and the pretenders throwing to him and still balled out. If he would’ve had the upper echelon of his day throwing him the rock he would’ve been hall of fame material.

A very interesting question to ponder. Being a Saints fan since 1987 and seeing the wide receivers come and go throughout the years., if you are basing on BEST FIT for our current offense, I was torn, but I would have to say Joe Horn.

Many don't remember Joe "Little Big" Horn, but he was fast and caught many a deep ball during his days as a Saint and early on as a Kanas City Chief. This offense lacks a deep ball threat like Devery Henderson or a Robert Meacham type receiver. Joe Horn would be perfect next to Michael Thomas and Sanders catching all the underneath intermediate routes.

I thought of Colston and Eric Martin as well.....just not great fits next to Thomas and Sanders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom