Which three (3) Saints' coaches will bring the biggest POSITIVE impact in 2017? (1 Viewer)

Pick any 3

• Dan Campbell (Tight Ends)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pete Carmichael (O/C)

• Dan Dalrymple (Strength & Conditioning)

• Joel Thomas (Running backs)

• Total voters

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'm going with:

1) Mike Nolan
2) Dennis Allen
3) Bradford Banta

Mike Nolan will coach-up the linebackers, and I'm excited about what he'll do with Stephone Anthony. That group will be beastly!

Dennis Allen has his guys in place. He'll NOW be in a better position to come up with a scheme & strategy for each opponent... instead of having to second guess his assistants. Everyone will be on the same page!

Special Teams has been abysmal for several years. With Banta (and Kevin O'Dea), our S/T will help the Saints with better field position, and will cover better. We'll also start taking returns to the house!

:gosaints:

Attachments

• Bradford Banta.PNG
    Bradford Banta.PNG
    161.2 KB · Views: 11
  • dennis-allen2.jpg
    dennis-allen2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Mike_Nolan_in_Afghanistan.jpg
    Mike_Nolan_in_Afghanistan.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 100
I would say Ryan Nielsen because of the players he is going to work with. Our d line has been our weakest for a very long time now. The young guys we have now are talented but very raw. We saw last year a very small glimpse of what Rankin can do. Also we saw the potential in Onyemata. If he can get those two to play as well as Nick Fairly and Cam Jordan, our season can be really special.

I would say Ryan Nielsen because of the players he is going to work with. Our d line has been our weakest for a very long time now. The young guys we have now are talented but very raw. We saw last year a very small glimpse of what Rankin can do. Also we saw the potential in Onyemata. If he can get those two to play as well as Nick Fairly and Cam Jordan, our season can be really special.

Can't argue with you on that.

But given the fact that our defense has been so much worse than most others in the NFL, the changes we've made IN COACHING have to make a huge difference.

Exhibit A is Malcolm Jenkins. Yes, his attitude went south before he left, but our coaching did not bring out the best in him.

Looking forward to what the upcoming season brings!

I forgot you did say pick three. My other two would be Mike Nolan and Curtis Johnson. Mike Nolan brings another head coaching mind to a defense. Hope he can upgrade the linebacker position that has been very inconsistent for the past 4 or 5 years.

Curtis Johnson brings out the best in our receiving group. What he had to work with before when he was here was not as talented as what we have now. We already have 3 excellent wide receivers. If he can make these 3 even better and help improve Brandon Coleman, this offense could be way more interesting than 2011.

I forgot you did say pick three. My other two would be Mike Nolan and Curtis Johnson. Mike Nolan brings another head coaching mind to a defense. Hope he can upgrade the linebacker position that has been very inconsistent for the past 4 or 5 years.

Curtis Johnson brings out the best in our receiving group. What he had to work with before when he was here was not as talented as what we have now. We already have 3 excellent wide receivers. If he can make these 3 even better and help improve Brandon Coleman, this offense could be way more interesting than 2011.

With Cooks gone, CJ's role will be that much MORE important.

With Cooks gone, CJ's role will be that much MORE important.

Losing a talent like Cooks is like a big dent, yes. But look at it this way....The draft is still over a month away. Still got practice squad guys plus guys that will be undrafted be brought in to compete. We have Willie Snead and Brandon Coleman going into their third year. We have Michael Thomas going into his second year and have already come along as the number one guy. We just signed Ginn to compliment these guys. CJ role is to refine their skills a little bit. It isn't as dire like some people in this forum make it out to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom