Which top 5 draft pick is making the most impact? (1 Viewer)

What big money rookie is making the most impact?

• Super Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie Bush

Votes: 61 46.2%
  • Vince Young

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • A.J. Hawk

Votes: 46 34.8%

• Total voters
I will go with Young, most impact? Young chased a star out of town just by getting drafted. Changed the complexion of Tennessee and Baltimore. Which other of these players changed 2 teams by getting drafted by one?

Course similar argument can be made for Mario Williams. He chased a GM out of town with his impact and definitely changed our team.

I went with Hawk, with Reggie a close second. The difference being that Hawk's impact is being felt on the field and in the stat book, while Reggie's doing more to advance the Saints offense right now and not so much in the stats.

Third would be a tie between Mario and D'Brick and then Vince last.

This is really no contest. As much as I love having Reggie and think he's going to be a great player, Hawk is hands down the best SO FAR of these 5 players. He's playing like a seasoned vet at MLB for the Packers and just gets better every week. He has almost single handedly improved their defense from woeful to moderate (they can't really be called good yet, still too many holes). Right now, I would probably put Reggie second, though I admit my bias. All five are actually playing pretty well, which bucks the trend. Usually, there is at least one who is already looking like a bust. These guys are all working hard and have been improving each week. Mario looked lost the first week, but has looked pretty solid the last few. VY is already learning to read defenses, which so many NFL know-it-alls...um, I mean broadcasters...said he'd never be able to do. If they keep it up, this group will be in easy contention for the best top 5 picks ever.

Last edited:
I will go with Young, most impact? Young chased a star out of town just by getting drafted. Changed the complexion of Tennessee and Baltimore. Which other of these players changed 2 teams by getting drafted by one?

Course similar argument can be made for Mario Williams. He chased a GM out of town with his impact and definitely changed our team.

Charley Casserly was already outbound, with Rick Smith waiting in the wings to take over. Know your facts, sir.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom