Which venue would you...? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
be scared to go to for a Saints road game? I would go with Oakland. I would fear for my life there. Those are a bunch of criminal freaks. I know some of you would say Chicago because of those idiots.

why. San Diego seems like they have good fans. I went to the Metrodome for the playoffs in 2000 and the fans there are great.

I've always heard stories of Oakland being very crazy, I have a friend of mine who lives in Cali and is a Raiders fan and has told me about some of the things that go on there. I've been to a Bears game when they played in Champaigne and almost got into a fight with one big corn fed white dude that was sitting next to us and two mexican dudes who were very intoxicated and up to no good. Honestly I chalk that up to typical drunk/obnoxious football fans if you ask me. There was the "saints suck" and "sit down" and a few curse words here and there but nothing me and a friend couldn't handle. Overall it was fun and a good experience because we came back to beat that @#$, so we got the last laugh on the scoreboard...

Philly. I know a few Philly fans and I wouldn't trust them to let me out of the Stinc without a shiv in the back after a Saints win.

I have to go raiders too. I saw 2 diffrent games vs the Titans one wearing my titans gear one wearing nuetral colrs and both were awful experiances. I had beer thrown down my shirt, my oldest son was hit in the back of his head by a flying beer cup (on his 1st b-day) and dealt with verbal threats through the whole game. I will NEVER go to see a game in chokeland again.

Philly. I know a few Philly fans and I wouldn't trust them to let me out of the Stinc without a shiv in the back after a Saints win.

No contest.....

Vets Stadium in Philly was the worst hole to play in. I don't know enough about their new stadium to judge it yet....

...Opposing players will shed few tears for the passing of the Vet, the place where Philadelphia fans earned their reputation as some of the toughest in sports.
Consider:

•In 1999, fans jeered Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin as he lay on the field for 20 minutes, suffering from a neck injury that ended his career.
•That same year, fans threw D batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, who held out for a year after the Phillies drafted him and eventually signed with the Cards instead.
•Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.
•Eagles fans famously blasted Santa Claus with a shower of snowballs at halftime of a game as St. Nick circled helplessly around the field before stadium officials rescued him.

The place was considered so rough that the city opened up a jail — complete with a court and a judge — inside the stadium after a particularly nasty bout of drunkenness and fighting at a Monday night game between the Eagles and 49ers in 1997.
http://www.nestofdeath.com/press/washTimes.html

the old Astrodome. Oilers fans were generally good people but when they won and they did a lot of that, that place was God awful loud. Especially when the Oilers had that good long run in the playoffs in for 7 years, that place for a time was very intimidating to any opposing team coming in. I have no problem with Houston and never really did, but they really had a special place in their hearts for the old Oilers. They were so good for so long and yet they never won a SB even with a HOF QB in Warren Moon and the run and shoot offense when it was good and effective. But even as I say that, the Astrodome was never a great football stadium for the NFL. It was a better MLB stadium that was pushed to its limits and it wore down as a result.

The Astrodome had a nickname the "house of Pain, when you went their, you got a load of that in spades, the Oilers just had a tremendous effect on the way the crowd reacted.

I have to go raiders too. I saw 2 diffrent games vs the Titans one wearing my titans gear one wearing nuetral colrs and both were awful experiances. I had beer thrown down my shirt, my oldest son was hit in the back of his head by a flying beer cup (on his 1st b-day) and dealt with verbal threats through the whole game. I will NEVER go to see a game in chokeland again.

If some hit me with beer and hit my kid with a beer cup

their would be some broken teeth and black eyes

Eagle fans are considered by many the most violent and reckless fans in the NFL. Guys get arrested so often, they had to make a jail and a court room in the stadium.

And seeing that we were the last team to knock them out of the playoffs...

After what I witnessed in the playoffs @ Chicago, had we one that game, it would not have been pretty. We actually got out of there and to our vehicle while the trophy presentation was going on, when we started to leave the parking lot, the stadium began to let out and we were blasted with snowballs as if we just stole some lady's purse.

Philadelphia, w/o question.

My dad had some unpleasant experiences in Three Rivers Stadium when the Saints got blown out there in 1993, and he said Giants stadium wasn't too fun either.

But, as longtime lurker pointed out, nothing tops Eagles fans. They were the first stadium to cut off beer sales before the end of the game to curtail rowdy behavior.

Oakland is not too bad, we went there 4 yrs ago. My son was 5 at the time and got pictures with the guys from the black hole. Sure there was some drunk idiots but they are everywhere. Seattle can be a bit hostile to opposing fans, but again they are usually the drunks. Dallas was excellent to all of us. The worst one I've been to by far would be San Francisco. I saw 49ers fans fighting each other, and threating my 9 yr old son becuase he was in his Saints gear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom