Which would win in a fight? (1 Viewer)

Would Balmer get motivated or would Ed O fail utterly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ed Orgeron's fire VS Kentwan Balmer's lack of....

Balmer would be the consensus #3 DT in the draft if it weren't for his motivational issues, with them, some don't want him at all.

Ed Orgeron is considered by many as the savior of our fat DEs. It is said that he could motivate anything.

So hypothetically, if we somehow got Balmer, who would win out?

And this is all hypothetical so don't worry about where we got him (pretend anything from pick 10 to UDFA).

I have to go with Kentwan Balmer. If someone does not want to be motivated no amount of talking can do it.

Besides it would be Orgeron against Balmer and his new money.:argue:

to me the worst thing that can be said about a player is that he has motivational issues. you can teach a guy technique, help them gain or lose muscle mass, even work on speed training, but you cant do any of that unless the player WANTS to do it.

If we draft Balmer with our pick, I will scream and find some way to the FO. Balmer will be the next Jonathan Sullivan. Dre Moore or Trevor Laws in the second would be great options.

I think there's more chance of Orgeron motivating Frank Okam into a superstar. He has the ability, if he'd declared for the draft last year he was a top 10 pick.

If we got Balmer it would be in round 1 (shudder) or 2. That means lots and lots of money. Add that to his lack of motivation and it's a bad mix.
Whereas we could get Okam in the 5th his stock is dropping so much. Apparantly after being rated as a top 10 pick his love for the game declined and he's not sure whether he wants to play football anymore or become a lawyer.

I say pick him in the 5th. Balmer showed nothing until his senior year. Okam showed he was one of the best DTs in college footbal until his senior year. So you doubt Balmers talent, but already know Okam has the talent. He also has weight issues.

I think if you take that lack of motivation and weight issues, and move them into Ed Orgeron's drills in the scorching heat of Milsaps, he is either going to be a wasted 5th round pick, or turn into a starter for us. I'll take a wasted 5th rounder over a wasted top 10 pick anyway.

I don't think that any Saints fan wants to hear even a rumor about taking a DT with motivational issues ... tis far too soon for that.

Inherent laziness trumps motivation all day. I should know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom