Which would you choose? 70k today or in 1900? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather be rich in 1900 or middle class now?

• 1900: I'M RICH!

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • 70k today: I get TV!

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Annual salary:
A. 70,000 today.
B. 70,000 in 1900

Choice A would give you a nice life. Not rich but not poor. Middle class.
Choice B would give you a very nice life in 1900. A mansion. Servants, and all the luxuries of the richest folks of the day.

so what would you choose?

And you don't get the luxury of knowing what you know today.

1900's you would live great for the rest of your life.

$70k w/ Internet, television, designer drugs, AC, electricity, Saints SB Champs, hot showers, black president, liberated women....

Over a gajillion dollars in the stone age

As a white male, I choose 70K in 1900 - we could do whatever we wanted!

(don't overreact please, i'm just making a point/joke)

No. Mind is erased and starting anew.

In that case, 1900. You would be rich and be able to do whatever you wanted. Probably die of Dysentery, Polio, or some other disease that's obscure today, but you wouldn't know any different. And you would have money to leave to your kids, and their kids. Thus starting a family empire that would be squandered by your great-grandchildren who would be alive today and spend it all on hookers and blow.

no air conditioning in 1900, no matter how rich you were. I guess you could move between seasons if your 70K job didn't lock you down. Summer in South MS/La with no air.....NO THANKS for any amount of money!!

no air conditioning in 1900, no matter how rich you were. I guess you could move between seasons if your 70K job didn't lock you down. Summer in South MS/La with no air.....NO THANKS for any amount of money!!

With that amount of money, you can buy a winter house and have "servants" carry you there on their backs.

1900, I'd be poking everything in sight...and not worring about dying from it....

1900, I'd be poking everything in sight...and not worring about dying from it....

Actually, because antibiotics and other medicines werent' available yet, the old-school STDs that aren't that scary now could kill you back then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom