Saints Which would you rather have? (1 Viewer)

Which would you rather have?

• A good Saints team that is in yearly Playoff Contention but not a legit Superbowl Contender?

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • A team that is in rebuild with the hopes of landing young talented players and a young promising QB.

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
Ur entitled to ur opinions. I see nothing exciting about losing the way we have

And we are losers. Anyway u slice it

During the season, do you shrug your shoulders after the Saints win and say "meh, aint gonna win it all anyway".

Do people enjoy watching the game with you?

Voted yearly playoff team but don't agree with "not a SB contender".

If you are making it to the playoffs yearly I don't see how you are not a contender. You just need a bit of luck for one year. It's not like the SB is a given. I just want to have a team get in. Then they get hot at the right time. I don't believe in SB or bust teams. There is too much luck involved for that to be a realistic expectation.

I don't like the choices. There is not "real" such thing as a "Superbowl Contender". That's a term made up by media and fans.
If a team is consistently making the playoffs, then they're doing it right. As right as possible. Once a team is in the playoffs, they're in position to make a run at it. It only takes a few breaks to make it to the big game. Sadly, it only takes a few breaks... or even a single break to lose in the playoffs. Being the best team in the league doesn't in any way guarantee winning a Superbowl. Being the perceived weakest team in the playoffs does not mean you won't win the Superbowl.

So with the choices available, I'll go with the perennial playoff team. The season is long and I like my team winning more games than they lose... a LOT more. I like making the playoffs and having a shot at it.

I don't like rolling the dice and the going through mediocrity of being a re-building team. 3 years at 7-9 are still fresh in my mind.
And regardless of how good a coaching staff and front office is... and even if they do everything right... who's to say the rebuild will make them superbowl champs? I mean, most teams that rebuild consider it a success if they win their division or make the playoffs even once after the rebuild.

Beat me to it and well said.

Unless you slice it by record

Oh so u just look forward to glossy regular season records? I understand ur satisfaction then

During the season, do you shrug your shoulders after the Saints win and say "meh, aint gonna win it all anyway".

Do people enjoy watching the game with you?

No. With each W my hope that they don’t choke in the postseason this time around grows, only to be letdown yet again

An elite regular season team that struggles in the playoffs like they haven’t won a single game yr in, yr out

How freakin exciting is that????

Well option 2 isn't a super bowl contender either. Option 1 for the most part probably had a good QB with talented players to make the playoffs yearly. Get in and anything that happen.

Option 1 for me.

I’m shocked this is even close. Almost half of the voters want a good team that never contends for the super bowl. Unreal.

Well option 2 isn't a super bowl contender either. Option 1 for the most part probably had a good QB with talented players to make the playoffs yearly. Get in and anything that happen.

Option 1 for me.

It may be a contender after the rebuild. Option 1 you never win a super bowl the way I read it.

Oh so u just look forward to glossy regular season records? I understand ur satisfaction then

No. With each W my hope that they don’t choke in the postseason this time around grows, only to be letdown yet again

An elite regular season team that struggles in the playoffs like they haven’t won a single game yr in, yr out

How freakin exciting is that????

Struggled as in lost a close game in overtime...
Struggled as in got robbed by the biggest reffing screw-job in the history of pro sports...
Struggled as in lost on a last ditch miracle play...

Whether you realize it or want to admit it, the difference between the BEST team in the NFL and the WORST team in the NFL isn't very much at all. Parity is real. Close games decided in the final seconds is the norm. This isn't college where 63-13 scores are common. Sure it'd be nice to blow everybody out by double digits in all 19 games. That's not going to happen in a league that every rule and tweak over the past 20 years has been designed to create as much parity as possible. And close games are not always decided by which team is better or which team "wants" it more. More often, they're decided by a play or two, a penalty, or a simple mis-cue that at any other time in the game wouldn't be all that big of a deal.

I don't understand the SUPERBOWL OR BUST extremist mentality. Like there's only one good team that has a successful season and 31 teams that suck. 1 playoff team was a true contender and the other 11 teams choked. Come on.

If you really want to blow it all up and start over when things don't go exactly your way, then there are a lot of teams to choose from.
NYJ, WAS, CLE, CIN, MIA, ARI, JAX. LV, DET, TB

There's also a lot of teams that are always "almost there".
LAC, ATL, BUF, TEN, PHI, HOU, IND, DAL, DEN

Or teams that are good every now and then.
SF, GB, BAL, PIT, LAR, NYG, CAR, CHI

I like being in the teams that are usually in the running.
NE, MIN, SEA, KC

Last edited:
Hard to pick either of those options, because they both mean I'm picking to have a team that isn't capable of getting to the Super Bowl. Maybe this question is hypothetical, or maybe it's based on the back and forth on this board lately of a Brees-led team not being able to reach the SB again. If so, I stick with the opinion that we definitely are contenders, still. A team that consistently makes the playoffs would have to be considered a contender. We've had some bad luck, but that doesn't mean we can't take that extra step. Whether we will or not, I don't know, but I'd rather roll with what we've got, as it is proven to get us to the playoffs vs. the complete unknown. That will be here soon enough anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom