Saints Which would you rather have? (1 Viewer)

Which would you rather have?

• A good Saints team that is in yearly Playoff Contention but not a legit Superbowl Contender?

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • A team that is in rebuild with the hopes of landing young talented players and a young promising QB.

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
It doesn’t say rebuild every year. There’s hope of a Super Bowl after a rebuild. There’s no chance with the other option.

I'm trying to think of the last team that made a complete rebuild that won the Superbowl?
I can think of some teams that made complete rebuilds and became relevant again.

Most teams I can think of that won the superbowl either sustained having a good team then pulled it off or were the Patriots.

I'm trying to think of the last team that made a complete rebuild that won the Superbowl?
I can think of some teams that made complete rebuilds and became relevant again.

Most teams I can think of that won the superbowl either sustained having a good team then pulled it off or were the Patriots.

0 chance of ever competing for a super bowl with your option. Might as well not have a team.

The goal of a professional football franchise is to win the Super Bowl. I would rather NO go 4-12 for 5 straight years if it meant in year 6 the team wins the Super Bowl, as opposed to going 13-3 every year but losing in the divisional round or conference championship game.

BUT, that does not mean you nuke your roster when you have elite talent.. And the reason a team would be 13-3 every season is because they are one or a few pieces away. The Saints are not far off being champions, and Brees is still plenty capable with the right guys.

I really think last years version and what’s ‘expected to be’ this coming seasons version are competitive teams, but will not win the bowl. We are limited. It’s not debatable anymore.

Either start making moves for the next guy who could become threatening towards defenses in the league or wait one more season and we will discuss it then...

Enjoy Drew’s stats this coming season. I’m sure his completions will still be amazing. Sean has got that figured out. But that first playoff game... ehhhh.

Just get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Don’t make the playoffs and you are guaranteed to not make it to the Super Bowl.

The goal of a professional football franchise is to win the Super Bowl. I would rather NO go 4-12 for 5 straight years if it meant in year 6 the team wins the Super Bowl, as opposed to going 13-3 every year but losing in the divisional round or conference championship game.

BUT, that does not mean you nuke your roster when you have elite talent.. And the reason a team would be 13-3 every season is because they are one or a few pieces away. The Saints are not far off being champions, and Brees is still plenty capable with the right guys.

I don't know that we are one or a few pieces away. I think we're more like one or a few plays away. The two best teams were in this last Superbowl, and arguably, the best team won it. The year before? The best two teams lost (got hosed) two weeks before the superbowl.

2018 Eagles had a deep rotation on the D-line and not much else. They were not the best team in the league that year.
2016 / 2017 It tastes bad, but honestly, the Falcons and Panthers were the best teams and neither won the superbowl.
2015 Seattle was the best team but lost a close one on a boneheaded play in the SB.
2014 Denver was the best team and got demolished in the Superbowl.

Heck, even when we won the superbowl, the Colts were thought to be the best team.

A lot is said about filling this hole or that hole, upgrading weaknesses, adding depth where we're thin, etc... All of that is true, but to win a Superbowl, a lot of things have to go your way. Like it or not, luck plays a huge role in any team's superbowl run. All you can do is put the best team you can put together on the field and play the games. Get to the playoffs and hope the funny shaped ball bounces your way and the refs don't butt in.

We have a roster that can win the SB. For much of the year, we were considered the most talented roster in the league. Key injuries hit us in week 16, we got no help from other games (and refs) in week 17, and we didn't play our best game in the wildcard. Even with all that, we were right there.

We don’t have to rebuild if that is what your getting at. We have young talent and every reason to believe that we can continue to bring it in.

I think it is a pretty good question. I am in the "perennial playoff team" camp.

Playoffs is great, but I absolutely love attending regular season home games in an electrified New Orleans, in an absolutely crazy rocking Dome. I come from out of town to do so several times per year, and I wouldn't trade that experience for the team winning a Super Bowl in a game I can't afford to attend held in a city I can't afford to visit.

I want the Saints to be a feared and respected opponent, which we certainly are currently.

That is all I ask for. The rest is gravy.

Struggled as in lost a close game in overtime...
Struggled as in got robbed by the biggest reffing screw-job in the history of pro sports...
Struggled as in lost on a last ditch miracle play...

Whether you realize it or want to admit it, the difference between the BEST team in the NFL and the WORST team in the NFL isn't very much at all. Parity is real. Close games decided in the final seconds is the norm. This isn't college where 63-13 scores are common. Sure it'd be nice to blow everybody out by double digits in all 19 games. That's not going to happen in a league that every rule and tweak over the past 20 years has been designed to create as much parity as possible. And close games are not always decided by which team is better or which team "wants" it more. More often, they're decided by a play or two, a penalty, or a simple mis-cue that at any other time in the game wouldn't be all that big of a deal.

I don't understand the SUPERBOWL OR BUST extremist mentality. Like there's only one good team that has a successful season and 31 teams that suck. 1 playoff team was a true contender and the other 11 teams choked. Come on.

If you really want to blow it all up and start over when things don't go exactly your way, then there are a lot of teams to choose from.
NYJ, WAS, CLE, CIN, MIA, ARI, JAX. LV, DET, TB

There's also a lot of teams that are always "almost there".
LAC, ATL, BUF, TEN, PHI, HOU, IND, DAL, DEN

Or teams that are good every now and then.
SF, GB, BAL, PIT, LAR, NYG, CAR, CHI

I like being in the teams that are usually in the running.
NE, MIN, SEA, KC

I only read the 1st few sentences so I’ll respond to that:

We went into the playoffs like a juggernaut this season against an inferior team. It shoulda never came to OT

We love to blame the refs for 2 yrs ago but ultimately we left it up to them to decide the game. We put up 40+ pts against the lambs in the 1st game that yr. What happened in the playoffs? Our pawpaw QB lost his mojo n we allowed a momentum changing punt fake to be successful. That’s on us not the refs

Last ditch miracle play or not, we struggled for nearly the entire game in Minny. U seriously don’t remember that? LoL

Minus the valiant 4th quarter effort in that game, our Drew-led offense were half-arsed in the postseason for the last 3 yrs. That’s the primary reason we were sent home each time whether u wanna accept it or not. And the cherry on top? We’re tripping over ourselves to pay this 41 yr old guy, who no longer represents the future, around $40 million as his skills diminish

Are u pumped for next season yet?

I only read the 1st few sentences so I’ll respond to that:

We went into the playoffs like a juggernaut this season against an inferior team. It shoulda never came to OT

We love to blame the refs for 2 yrs ago but ultimately we left it up to them to decide the game. We put up 40+ pts against the lambs in the 1st game that yr. What happened in the playoffs? Our pawpaw QB lost his mojo n we allowed a momentum changing punt fake to be successful. That’s on us not the refs

Last ditch miracle play or not, we struggled for nearly the entire game in Minny. U seriously don’t remember that? LoL

Minus the valiant 4th quarter effort in that game, our Drew-led offense were half-arsed in the postseason for the last 3 yrs. That’s the primary reason we were sent home each time whether u wanna accept it or not. And the cherry on top? We’re tripping over ourselves to pay this 41 yr old guy, who no longer represents the future, around $40 million as his skills diminish

Are u pumped for next season yet?

What changes do we need to make to win the Super Bowl? And if we make those changes, are we going to win the Super Bowl?

It's amazing that the lovable losers option is winning while the winning franchise who are a perennial playoff team and a hard out is losing. Count me in the perennial playoff juggernaut team corner who may or may not win the Super Bowl over the team hoping to land good players hoping to develop them and hoping to become the perennial playoff team with the hopes of a Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom