While Trump scandals mount, Chaffetz decides to investigate... a cartoon character (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From Washington Post

Guess there's nothing else going on right now worth taking a closer look at

=======================================================
Angry Utahans shouted down Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, at the Republican’s recent town hall meeting.

“Do your job!” they chanted, scolding him for refusing to investigate the Trump administration.

In fairness to Chaffetz, he is busy with more pressing matters.

True, Chaffetz, after his unending probes of the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton, hasn’t shown any appetite to examine, say, the Trump administration’s ties to Russia or its many conflicts of interest. But the chairman has shown determination to probe, without fear or favor, the threat to America posed by Sid the Science Kid.

The chairman of the powerful panel — the main investigative committee in the House — sent a letter to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention demanding to know why, in an attempt to raise awareness of the Zika virus, “CDC appears poised to make a sole source award to the Jim Henson Company for $806,000 to feature Sid the Science Kid in an educational program about the virus.”

Scandalous!

Sid, for readers not familiar with PBS children’s programming, is a preschool cartoon character. Like President Trump, Sid is orange. Unlike Trump, he is highly inquisitive. In each episode, Sid answers questions such as: Why can’t he scratch his ear with his foot the way his dog can? Why does his stomach growl when he makes French toast? Why did his yellow banana turn brown and mushy? In one of my favorite episodes, “The Big Sneeze,” Sid discovers that he needs to wash his hands even if he can’t see germs on them.

Chaffetz was quick to recognize the danger. On Jan.*26, the day after TMZ reported that the CDC was planning a Zika-education partnership with Sid, Chaffetz fired off a letter to acting CDC director Anne Schuchat, demanding a “written explanation” and “communications between CDC and the Jim Henson Company and also PBS.”...............

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.333a67333d0b

Attachments

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
From Washington Post

Guess there's nothing else going on right now worth taking a closer look at

=======================================================
Angry Utahans shouted down Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, at the Republican’s recent town hall meeting.

“Do your job!” they chanted, scolding him for refusing to investigate the Trump administration.

In fairness to Chaffetz, he is busy with more pressing matters.

True, Chaffetz, after his unending probes of the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton, hasn’t shown any appetite to examine, say, the Trump administration’s ties to Russia or its many conflicts of interest. But the chairman has shown determination to probe, without fear or favor, the threat to America posed by Sid the Science Kid.

The chairman of the powerful panel — the main investigative committee in the House — sent a letter to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention demanding to know why, in an attempt to raise awareness of the Zika virus, “CDC appears poised to make a sole source award to the Jim Henson Company for $806,000 to feature Sid the Science Kid in an educational program about the virus.”

Scandalous!

Sid, for readers not familiar with PBS children’s programming, is a preschool cartoon character. Like President Trump, Sid is orange. Unlike Trump, he is highly inquisitive. In each episode, Sid answers questions such as: Why can’t he scratch his ear with his foot the way his dog can? Why does his stomach growl when he makes French toast? Why did his yellow banana turn brown and mushy? In one of my favorite episodes, “The Big Sneeze,” Sid discovers that he needs to wash his hands even if he can’t see germs on them.

Chaffetz was quick to recognize the danger. On Jan.*26, the day after TMZ reported that the CDC was planning a Zika-education partnership with Sid, Chaffetz fired off a letter to acting CDC director Anne Schuchat, demanding a “written explanation” and “communications between CDC and the Jim Henson Company and also PBS.”...............

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.333a67333d0b

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad, but as long as they focus on this and not some of the more damaging crap they want to do like returning to health care insurance that doesn't really cover any real health care then I'm more or less with them being stupid in this way. Just stay distracted from doing real damage.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Chaffetz better watch his ***.

Angry, chanting Mormons???. Dude, you are seriously screwing the pooch when that's the crowd at your town hall meeting.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
How could anyone who is one of his constituents not be entirely embarrassed and ****** off that this is what he's focusing on when he's the person in charge of investigating the Russian ties?

No matter what your political affliction is - you can't deny that possible collusion with Russia to swing our election is something worthy of a full ******* investigation.

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
Incredibly, this is what Chaffetz had to say about Trump back in early October:

Chaffetz explains why he's pulling support for Trump - CNNPolitics.com

"My wife, Julia and I, we have a 15-year-old daughter," Chaffetz said. "Do you think I can look her in the eye and tell her that I endorsed Donald Trump for president when he acts like this and his apology? That was no apology, that was an apology for getting caught."
Chaffetz, the House Oversight Committee chairman who led the Hill investigation into Clinton's email use while secretary of state, continued: "So I'm not going to put my good name and reputation and my family behind Donald Trump when he acts like this, I just can't do it."
Party over Country.

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
And speaking of Party over Country:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oAEJsE-TUvQ?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since I saw this a day or two ago, every time I see a picture with Ryan's beak in it I can't help but think of him balancing a milkbone on it.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's perfectly understandable that Chaffetz would investigate Sid the Science Kid. People should always investigate that which befuddles them and makes them feel inferior. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom