Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

Anyone try Legent? Got some today and its pretty good for under $35.
Hmmm... Kentucky bourbon with Japanese blending? Adding to my list and it's in stock at Total Wine.

I'm about to crack open a sample of Balcone Baby Blue.

Anyone try Legent? Got some today and its pretty good for under $35.
Grabbed a bottle and just cracked it open. I got a nice whiff of sherry or wine in the nose of it. It has a pretty nice finish for something that's 94 proof. For only $35, it's a great bang for the buck.

Nice call, sir.

If you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_165516~2.jpg
    IMG_20200214_165516~2.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Of you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.

Ooooo sounds delightful. I'll have to check it out.

If you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.

I just picked this up last week and it's damn good. I got the apple, but couldn't name it until you said it. I thought it was interesting that there was something useful coming from Alabama so I bought it.

OK I am now trying Whsitle Pig Boss Hog.

Attachments

• 15818149484328863194027334286476.jpg
    15818149484328863194027334286476.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Well dang posted sideways. I'm not that.... Yet lol
there is a bug with uploading photos of whatever issue, i think certain sizes, and it is lame. like super lamer gag-me-with-a-spoon lame.

This bug affects Zeetes (who is always drunk) and efil, who has said he is drinking

I sense a common theme here

Which one? I have two bottles of the Samurai Warrior which has got to be one of the best I've had.
That one.

And the proprietor actually came to our table as I was the first glass poured.
They do the same thing as Blantons with the top piece as a collectors item. Supposedly you collect all and they send you a chess board as all t he pieces will complete a chess set. Fun fact. The pieces are mfg in a metal shop just neighboring the distellery

He also mentioned something about this bottle will no longer be made? Something about the distiller changing it up each year.

It was 60 per glass... And absolutely worth it. The scent alone was great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom