Whiskey Thread (3 Viewers)

The Nomad

RESIST
Reaction score
I grabbed the last bottles of these beauties today. Still have plenty of Zapps on the shelf, though.

PXL_20210210_174847756_50.jpg
I haven't seen a Col in the wild in more than a year. I am nursing the hell out of my only bottle.

That Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond is really good stuff. High proof but with no alcohol bite at all. It's the one Bourbon that my wife can drink neat with no issues at all. The sad thing is that a few years ago it was selling for $20 to $25 per bottle. Now it's apparently selling for around $60 and really hard to find.
Yep, it won some award and everybody started buying it. It was always on the shelf before that. MSRP is now $40, but you know what happens when bourbon is praised.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
That Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond is really good stuff. High proof but with no alcohol bite at all. It's the one Bourbon that my wife can drink neat with no issues at all. The sad thing is that a few years ago it was selling for $20 to $25 per bottle. Now it's apparently selling for around $60 and really hard to find.
I think the mckenna was $30. I saw it for sale in another store for $249. The manager asked me if I was interested and laughed at the guy.

Loudly.

I have a bottle of the EHT Small Batch already. The Single Barrel I bought today I have been looking for awhile now.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the mckenna was $30. I saw it for sale in another store for $249. The manager asked me if I was interested and laughed at the guy.

Loudly.
Yeah, I'm not sure much is $250 good. I used to get it at Dorignacs in Metairie (grocery store with a good liquor selection and good prices) and it was usually on sale for I think $25. They were even giving out samples of it to entice people to buy it. I can't recall how much it was there the last time I saw it, but I recall being shocked by the price increase.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I need that single barrell. anything you might want to trade?

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Went ahead and bought another handle of Weller Special Reserve for the cold front coming through. On the way to the register, the guy at Specs hands me a bottle of The Whistler Whisky Cream. Looks like I'm covered for creamer in the AM and whiskey for the rest of the day now.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What the heck do they sell? Wine? How lame is that?
Ikr, you can only buy whiskey/liquor at state licensed stores. They're all called Virginia ABC. Also, you can't order and have it shipped home. It's illegal. One of the few things I hate about Virginia.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I haven't been yet. How are the prices and selection compared to say Dorignac's and Martin?
Every store has some things that are cheaper and some that are more expensive. But mostly only by a couple bucks or so. I find Martin's to be the most expensive of the 3 places you listed, but their selection is pretty good. Total Wine is very expansive and a little overwhelming at first. Also, their rare bottles sell out much quicker or so it seems. I generally prefer going to Dorignac's or Rouses when I'm looking for something first, and then I'll hit the specialty stores after.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom