Whiskey Thread (1 Viewer)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I have been enjoying a bottle of Redbreast 15 year that I was given for Father's Day. This year I really feel loved. This might be my favorite now. I need to get my hands on the 12 year cask strength next.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been enjoying a bottle of Redbreast 15 year that I was given for Father's Day. This year I really feel loved. This might be my favorite now. I need to get my hands on the 12 year cask strength next.
I just opened a bottle of Taylor small batch which I haven't had in about a year. I forget how good it is especially for the price.

MLU

Reaction score
I just opened a bottle of Taylor small batch which I haven't had in about a year. I forget how good it is especially for the price.
I just missed the last bottle being sold a couple weeks ago in my local store. I was very disappointed and had to settle for a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just missed the last bottle being sold a couple weeks ago in my local store. I was very disappointed and had to settle for a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.
I just gave my son a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I am working on a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and it's delightful.

I saw a couple of bottle of Eagle Rare at Rouses the other day. I hear it's pretty good, I might check it out next if they still have it.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I also always have a bottle of Bulleit Rye handy for Sazaracs, however, my brother polished of my last one but got me a bottle of Sazarac Rye, which isn't bad.

RichPeace

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Good Thread.

My go to right now is E.H. Taylor Small Batch. There's a store down the road that calls me when they come in so I can restock. I also try to keep a bottle of Old Forestor 1908, Prohibition style on hand. 1792 small batch is also an extremely good bourbon that's relatively inexpensive. I keep a bottle of Eagle Rare on hand as well but it always seems a little to syrupy for me.

Side question: There's a place in Austin called Swift's attic that has one of the better bourbon lists I've ever seen. It's an incredible list. Anyway, they specialize in making their own ice which is infused with the flavors of the drink. For example, if you order an Old Fashioned they bring you a glass with an ice cube that's infused with all of the flavors found in an old fashion and pour your bourbon of choice over it. The ice slowly melts and typically lasts for up to three more drinks. It's incredibly good. Ever since I've been there I've been on a quest to make my own infused ice.

Has anyone else tried this and if so do you have any good ice recipes for drinks?

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good Thread.

My go to right now is E.H. Taylor Small Batch. There's a store down the road that calls me when they come in so I can restock. I also try to keep a bottle of Old Forestor 1908, Prohibition style on hand. 1792 small batch is also an extremely good bourbon that's relatively inexpensive. I keep a bottle of Eagle Rare on hand as well but it always seems a little to syrupy for me.

Side question: There's a place in Austin called Swift's attic that has one of the better bourbon lists I've ever seen. It's an incredible list. Anyway, they specialize in making their own ice which is infused with the flavors of the drink. For example, if you order an Old Fashioned they bring you a glass with an ice cube that's infused with all of the flavors found in an old fashion and pour your bourbon of choice over it. The ice slowly melts and typically lasts for up to three more drinks. It's incredibly good. Ever since I've been there I've been on a quest to make my own infused ice.

Has anyone else tried this and if so do you have any good ice recipes for drinks?
if you can find it, try the 1792 Small Batch Full Proof.

I was given a bottle as a gift, havent found it "in stock" since. REally good and at 120 proof, really only need 1 lol

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Good Thread.

Never heard of that, but it sounds like a great idea.

MLU

Reaction score
Good Thread.

Holy s*** that's brilliant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom