Whiskey Thread (4 Viewers)

I just picked up a bottle of the standard Dalmore 12 year. .

I also got some macallan 12 double cask. Never had it. Figured I should try a standard.

Both are good, but I do think I like the Dalmore better. I'm testing them again. ;)

Back to back, MaC12 then Dalmore, makes the Dalmore stand out a bit harsher. But, I like the finish of the taste.

Definitely not a mix and match thing with those two.

Last edited:
So, my barber had Blade and Bow bourbon the other day when I went in to get a haircut. I think early on they used to source their stuff from MGP, but I'm pretty sure their stuff now is what they've been aging themselves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, it was damn good and now I have to have a bottle.

So, my barber had Blade and Bow bourbon the other day when I went in to get a haircut. I think early on they used to source their stuff from MGP, but I'm pretty sure their stuff now is what they've been aging themselves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, it was damn good and now I have to have a bottle.
There's no real easy answer. It's produced at the Stitzel Weller Distillery, however they do not distill there. They have a 5 barrel solera process set up and some of the distillate actually is old Stitzel Weller stuff. They do introduce new stuff into the barrels, however they have not officially let it be known where that stuff comes from. It's a Kentucky Straight Bourbon, so it cant be MGP which is in Indiana. I imagine they source it from one of the big distillers, Sazerac has dozens of small distilleries that is run by Buffalo Trace used to sell retailer brands. Heaven Hill and Jim Beam will sell to anyone with a big enough check. It's most likely one of those three or a combination of them all.

They have a 22 year bottle that is a blend of distillates from Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace, although they will never officially admit it. You can find some source material with a little internet sleuthing.

Throwing this in here because I don't think there is enough tequila love to warrant a full thread. Got this 4 years ago in Mexico and it is excellent. Runs $100 a bottle online. I prefer anejo tequila and this is a very good, very smooth tequila that is great neat. I would put it up against Don Julio 1942 which runs $160+

fogonero_extra_anejo__17426.1610229160.png

There's no real easy answer. It's produced at the Stitzel Weller Distillery, however they do not distill there. They have a 5 barrel solera process set up and some of the distillate actually is old Stitzel Weller stuff. They do introduce new stuff into the barrels, however they have not officially let it be known where that stuff comes from. It's a Kentucky Straight Bourbon, so it cant be MGP which is in Indiana. I imagine they source it from one of the big distillers, Sazerac has dozens of small distilleries that is run by Buffalo Trace used to sell retailer brands. Heaven Hill and Jim Beam will sell to anyone with a big enough check. It's most likely one of those three or a combination of them all.

They have a 22 year bottle that is a blend of distillates from Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace, although they will never officially admit it. You can find some source material with a little internet sleuthing.

Dang, dude. Really good info.

So it's not whisk(e)y, but they are certainly premium rums.
With some family after dinner, we polished off the very good Worthy Park Madeira. After which I opened the Florida Rum Society Worthy Park Gemini bottle and man is it fabulous! It's probably my favorite WP to date and it was so good one family member (bourbon drinker who only drinks rum when he comes here) asked me to get a bottle for him. If you have any love for estery Jamaican rums, you should grab a bottle. I just ordered 2 more for myself. Spectacular!

Attachments

• gemini3.jpg
    gemini3.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2
the grocery store by my house (Harvest in Geismar, La) had a Black Friday whiskey sale. there were at least 100 people in line Thursday night. I'm not a whiskey guy, so I don't know if these were good deals or not.
Any of these worth waiting in line overbought for?
Screenshot_20211126-190215-836.png

the grocery store by my house (Harvest in Geismar, La) had a Black Friday whiskey sale. there were at least 100 people in line Thursday night. I'm not a whiskey guy, so I don't know if these were good deals or not.
I saw their post on FB and some of those are very hard to get bottles. But for me, I don't think I'm waiting overnight for any purchase and I love spirits.

Trying the Highland Park 12 Viking. Definitely more character to it. Enjoying it.

Also got a cheaper blend. Duncan Taylor blended Scotch 12 yrs. Pretty smooth. On the sweeter side.

Trying the Highland Park 12 Viking. Definitely more character to it. Enjoying it.

Also got a cheaper blend. Duncan Taylor blended Scotch 12 yrs. Pretty smooth. On the sweeter side.
Reading the first sentence made me think you were talking about a new Viking TV show.

Reading the first sentence made me think you were talking about a new Viking TV show.

There are a couple there I'd like to have, but not enough to wait overnights.

Any one tried the blackened Metallica inspired whiskeys!? I think it would be the perfect thing for my brother and best friend who happen to love good whiskey. Gives me something to drink when I visit too. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom